Tingeling Thighs

Natalie2

Whenever I haven't walked for a while (like in the winter) and then I take my dog for a walk - I usually do 1.2miles in the morning, takes me approx. 20 minutes. Anyway, after about 3/4 of the way my thighs start totingle and get warm...what does that mean? Is it good or bad? Am I totally out of shape or are my muscles warming up? It normally stops after the second or third day. Anyone know???

that's warming up :) ... once your blood gets'a flowin', you will start to feel that as your blood warms up your body. That's how I gauge when I'm ready to begin my workout.

Thanks AllCdnBoy,

so this means that actually when this happens I should keep going and not stop 2 minutes later, right?!
But why doesn't it happen any more after I walked for a few days. Does that mean I would need even more time to warm up and I am actually stopping before I get there?

there are a lot of other factors that are involved ... one day you may not need as much warming up, so the 'tingling' isn't as dramatic and you may not notice it. Also, if it's already really warm out, you may not get it either ... however, i'm judging this on similar feelings that i've had ...

Thank you for your answers..now at least I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Back