Thoughts on Keto

freedom_mindset

Hey all,
New member here. I've tried several diets before but didn't do a diary. I kept it simple. What is everyone's thoughts on Keto? How long does it take to see results?
How do you actually make meals keto friendly Or is it just based on caloric deficit?

please comment thanks guys!

Keto can be easy to maintain so long as you are not trying to turn junk into a keto friendly version of the junk.

A nice cut of lean meat/fish with a selection of fibrous vegetables is a keto friendly meal. Keto is not about filling your diet with fat, reduced carbs are what triggers the body to enter ketosis. Count net carbs from vegetables.

It takes 1-2 weeks for the body to adapt to ketosis, in this time you will lose a fair amount of water weight but not much fat, You will need to consume more electrolytes to counter the increased loss you will have when you drop the water weight. Loss of electrolytes will make you feel like crap (no energy) if you do not increase your intake.

Once adapted the body will begin to more easily use fat for energy (if you're eating extra fat, then you will not be using body fat) but calories still count.

keto combines well with IF

Hi Freedom and welcome to the forum. Tru knows everything worth knowing about keto so all I've got to do is wish you all the best for your plans.

Back