Third time is a charm... 240 to 130 pounds / 110 kg’s to 60 kg’s

Chichi2

Hi guys, I used to scroll through this forum as a teen looking to lose weight after moving continents to live in Germany. As a pre-teen I did a lot of sports in Africa and managed to stay somewhat fit due to that but when I moved to Germany, I found myself hitting mcdonalds a lot with my friends and gained a lot of weight. I am 5’6 so around 167cm.

I’m generally not a sporty person but with some focus I managed to lose weight in 2011, ca 30kgs and I loved it. I looked amazing and felt it as well and met my boyfriend and being in love and visiting a lot of restaurant I gained some weight back and foundyself 40 kgs heavier in 2015. I managed to get focused again and lost the same amount of weight in ca 3-4 months but somehow I let myself go again with stress at work and lack of movement. I am self employed and my livelyhood demanded me working long hours stuck to my desk, where I was focused more on earning money rather than taking care of myself. Now in 2020, I gained it back and quarantine didnt help at all. Thankfully I wasnt hit as hard business wise but I am at my heaviest I think (I havent gotten the courage to step onto a scale in months) and I luckily know how to pose in pictures and dress that it isn’t as visible but I have gotten so uncomfortable in my clothing that I wear such basic clothing which hides my figure.

I do work in the fashion & jewelry business and feel I should feel comfortable in my clothing and be confident in how I look and have decided today is the day I will change my life forever. I’m 31, have a blessed life, have my dream guy for over 8 years and I have everything together except my most important aspect which is my health and happiness in the way I look. I hate feeling umcomforable outside running errands and I just want to be able to live my happiest life without this weight holding me back. It is a great motivator since it is now winter and I have the time to focus on my goals for the Spring/Summer season and now that I have a great routine in my overall life, I really hope I can manage to shift the weight!

Attachments

• 1BD9E5F3-F133-4652-B3DB-F559DA4D4DD7.jpeg
    1BD9E5F3-F133-4652-B3DB-F559DA4D4DD7.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I recently found this pic in my phone and this is a nice healthy weight for me at around 65kgs/140 pounds, I am 167 cm so around 5’6. Never saw how slim I was back then until I saw this pic Definitely good motivation...F49C2F8D-AC0F-49FA-9902-754B42D0AB59.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Chichi, welcome to the forum! Though I see you actually joined 3 years ago, so maybe it should be welcome to posting. Thanks for your story, as you probably know many of us have similarly gained and lost and regained weight. Its a problem most of us struggle with. I am sure you will find lots of support and advice from folks here. I suggest you start a diary (https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/), your posts will get more attention there, and you can tell us what your plans are and report progress.

Thanks for the pictures, you are a lovely girl (at any weight)! However I can see you look heathier, and I imagine a bit happier, at the lower weight.

I look forward to following your progress.

Hi, Chichi & welcome back to the forum. The diary section is by far the most active & a good place to get visitors & support :)

Back