The 190's club (or the 86.2-90.7 kg club for metric people like me ;))

IAmGoingToTri

Feel free to post here if you are in the 190's (lbs), or if you want to be! Let's cheer each other on! :)

I just hit 197 lbs today (down from 200 lbs yesterday), and so I guess I become a member of this club today! I want to reach a weight in the 170's eventually, but I guess I will be here in the 190's for coming 1-2 months!

Some questions to get started: What are your goals? How do you want to reach them?

Ok... soo I am about 203 lbs again, so I am no longer part of the club that I started (and as far as I see I was the only member :p)... but... I am getting back! I hope to be back in the club within 1.5 weeks.

Hi there! Nice to meet you!

Well, I am 202 lbs now, so technically not in the 190s range, but I expect to be back in the 190s in less than a week... and this time I am doing whatever it takes to reach my goal weight (of about 75-80 kg).

What are your plans? What are you doing to lose weight?

Hi everyone!

I have rejoined this club a week ago, by diving below 200 lbs. I am 197 lbs now. At this rate, I may leave this club in less than a month and join the 180's, but in the meantime, let's do this club thing! :)

Here's a question to you all: what was it like for you to enter in the 190's?

For me:
When I first did, from the 180's (8 years ago or so), it worried me. My weight had been creeping up for some years already when I was a student, and I did not understand it. I did not know what a proper diet was, or a good exercise routine, and I did not have the discipline to stick to anything. So, my weight going up was a sign that my life was not under control, that it was just happening to me. Even worse, I fell like my youth and was going down the drain and I was losing part of my identity. I used to be very athletic, fast and strong, in fact I was known for that among other students.
When my life was in my worst (I seem to write a lot about that lately... apparently I am reliving this time in my mind a bit now, makes sense because I am working on accepting myself and everything that I did/happened in the past), I eventually got in the 230's. Things getting this badly triggered a fighting response in me, that has not stopped ever since (only paused sometimes for brief periods).

That mindset helped me get here, to this new moment of entering the 190's. This time it feels like the opposite. If feels like I have my life under control, and this weight loss is a sign of that. It comes from my self-acceptance within, that feeds my mindset to want to take good care of myself, that feeds my habits, that I maintain by doing the little daily acts that are required. If I notice that I can improve anything in my process, I can now decide whether I really want to do that, and if now is the time, and if so, I can "just do it". That is very helpful, and it calms my mind knowing that I can trust myself.

I will leave the 190's very soon, in 3-5 weeks, and this time I expect to leave for good, unless I build a lot of muscle after losing weight... which would be good; I have yet to decide how much muscle I want.. it grows easily on me, so it's basically my own choice.

Looking forward to hear from anyone who's with me in the 190's! :)

Whaha last Friday I wrote that I would leave the 190's club in 3-5 weeks, but here I am and I already am 192.9 lbs. I may exit this club in a week, or less!

No problem, because this is a lonely club, an echo chamber. Hope the 180's is a busier! ;)

Back