TGIJenny's Diary

TGIJenny

Today, Nov 29th 2004. I've been working out religously latley. I haven't eaten as well as I should but that is changing. My offical weigh-in day is Saturday's so this week I am down 3 pounds from last. That is a total of 9.5 since I started. My goal is 2 pounds a week that way I will be at goal by my birthday next summer. I need to lose 63 more pounds. I have been giving my co-workers my stats each day as far as how many miles I have gone or for how long I worked out. I have to say I think I have inspired one of them to get more serious with her workout. We are now challenging each other.
I bought the 6 Week Body Makeover plan last year and played around with it a few times. Never very seriously. I have incorporated a lot of it into my eating through. I also bought a Gazelle Freestyle Elite and given up my treadmill. The Gazelle is much better since there is no impact. My knees and feet just couldn't handle the treadmill anymore. I am now doing 50 mins a day keeping my target heart rate around 130-137. My distance has really increased. I am now at about 3.65 to 3.75 miles each day. I could never do that much on my treadmill. Below is todays progress.

Up at 5:30 Eat Banana before workout
Workout 50 mins 3.64 miles

Breakfast:
Protein shake with Frozen Strawberries

Snack:
Grapefruit

Lunch:
3 oz Baked Cod
1/2 Baked Potato
1 cup Baked Veggies (Zucchini, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and feta cheese)

Snack:
a few peanuts maybe a 1/8th of a cup

Dinner: TBD
Probably Grilled Chicken Wrap from Sonic. I hate to cook!

Although I already worked out today I am feeling guilty and really want to workout again. But I do not want to over do it.

sounds like you're on the right track. nothing like a friend to challenge you along the way, either. keep up the good work ... look forward to hearing more success

November 30th

I tried to get up at 5:30 again to workout before work but just couldn't do it. I am NOT a morning person and it's hard enough just getting up in time to get ready for work.. I will try again.

Breakfast:
Protein Shake with Frozen Peaches and Strawberries

Snack:
Grapefruit

Lunch:
Small Garden Salad
Slice Veggie Pizza

Worked out 50 mins 3.48 miles

Dinner:
Tried a creamy chicken soup recipe.. did not turn out well.. :(
Ate 1/2 Cup Rice
2 oz Salmon
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce <---delicious

Last edited:
December 1st

Still couldn't make myself get up early.. I really need to work on that.

Breakfast:
Protein Shake with Peaches and Strawberries

Snack:
Grapefruit

Lunch:
3 oz Cod Fish
1/2 Cup Asparagus
1 cup baked potato

Snack:
Girl at work brought a cheese ball... WHY would someone do that if they know you are dieting?? :confused: She had a baby about 6 months ago and keeps bragging about how much weight she lost without even doing anything. People like that make me sick!! She only gained 11 pounds during her whole pregnancy!
Anyway, I had a few crackers with the cream cheese ball.

Dinner:
Probably won't be all that healty. Going to eat with my mom. More than likey it will be something fried. I'll just make sure to workout extra tonight.

Jen

HI there,
welcome to the forum...
your plan looks very good to me and you already had a lot of success - congratulations.

A friend of mine tricks herself, by setting the time 30 minutes ahead...that way she can get up at the "same time", but she still has the extra half hour:)
Maybe that would work?

Had a weak week!

Thanks for the encouragement Lisa, I will admit I had some down time last week. I seem to have a cycle where the week before my period I just loose all motivation. In the past I let that continue longer than the week and would gain back any weight I had lose the other 3 weeks of the month. But now that I am aware of my cycle I can get myself back up and running quicker. I didn't do too bad with the food last week just didn't workout any. But I have bounced back in full force! I have already lost a pound this week. As of this morning I offically have a 10 pound lose! :)

I was pretty proud of myself yesterday. Two people I work with brought in goodies. One fudge and the other chocolate covered donuts. When they offered me some I told them I didn't want any. They persisted by saying "Oh come on it's just fudge, have some." I told them that was like walking up to a recovering drug addict and saying "Oh come on, just one more hit won't hurt. Have some!" They just giggled! But I stood firm and even though I had to look at and walk passed the food all day, I did not have one bite! Then when I went home I worked out for 57 mins. I felt good knowing I controlled my urge.

Jen

Plan on Hold / Death in family

I was doing well but had to put my plan on hold.

I rec'd a frantic call at 9:30 on Dec 16th. My mother was on the other end. I will never forget the screams and her yelling " Randy's dead" over and over! My younger brother, 28, was just killed in a car accident about 2 miles from my parents home. My mother had arrived before they had taken him away. I work about 35 miles away and managed to get there as they were loading, what was left of, his car. He was burried on Dec 21st, which is also my mothers birthday. We decided to skip Christmas as well as New Year's. Of course that doesn't stop the emotional eating.I tired to make myself workout on a couple of days, but it just gave me more time to think and its hard to focus on working out when you can't stop crying. I am going to start back up this week and hope I didn't gain to much of what I lose back. I used to spend so much time thinking about my weight and feeling sorry for myself. We spend to much time worrying about all the little things in life. I don't think enough people think about the big picture and just live a happy life surrounded by the ones we love.

Jen

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Unexpected things like that turn your life and your goals upside down. 2 years ago after 6months of being smokefree, a death in the family started me smoking again and I hardly even noticed until someone said "hey I thought you quit" and here I am still smoking as I'm typing this. I still regret falling off the wagon, a lot of hard work went to waste, but I can't get to that place where I'm ready to do it again. So its good to see that you still have your goals in check and know what you want. You can do it, you've got the determination. I wish you success and happiness though this difficult time.

Jenny,...I am so sorry to read of your loss, may your family find great support in one another at this time. Things will fall back on track for you, just give yourself time. You are so right,..we take things for granted...we always need to make sure our love ones know how we feel about them.

Thank You All!

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you. I have not been able to get on here for a while and it was very touching to sign on today and see all the kind words of encouragment and sympathy.

My family is doing better now. However, we had another death the last week of January. Needless to say, there has been A LOT of emotional eating. I have not made time to workout or eat better. I gained back the few pounds I had managed to lose, but I'm looking on the bright side for right now my weight is stuck and as long as it's not going up then I'm doing ok.

I've actually managed to not bite my finger nails for 3 weeks now. I hope someone out there can understand how hard it is to quit. I honestly think it's comparable to quitting smoking. My nails are my cigarettes. I bit them when I am stressed, nervous or anxious. I bit them most when I am driving. It's so bad that most of the time my fingers hurt cause I bit them so far down. It's a very bad habit. Of course if I'm not biting my nails I end up snacking more. But I can only fight one battle at a time right now. Since I am neither mentally nor emotionally able to battle my weightloss needs right now, I figured I'd start smaller and battle my nail biting. Afterall, my mother tells me it's just not right for a 32 year old women to walk through a store biting her nails. Of course she's a smoker and I tell her at least my habit won't kill me, like her's will!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and again thank you!

Jen

welcome back Jen...you are very strong.

so how about once thsoe nails are up to the tips of your fingers goa nd getr some acrylic nails on...it helped a friend of mine no bite hers anymore...and they look pretty with a french manicure.

Reading about your brother made me cry, I'm very sorry. It's so hard to be strong all the time but we just have to have goals so that we never give up. That; and trying to be happy instead of worrying so much. All my Love From Lara Ps, Good luck with your diet! :)

Back