Tendonitis treatment

My mate got tendonitis from repeated bicep strain.
His Doc has put him on 600mg of Ibuprofen 6times a day for 2 weeks!!!

Is this not a bit extreme?

I would have said a weeks course of antibiotics with 200mg Ibuprofen for drugs.

The Doc didnt even mention to Ice the area for 5mins per hour when possible and to lightly move his arm around to keep the blood flow.

Should I tell him to go back and have a word with his Doc?

That is a bit high on the motrin ( even for a physician) and definately tell your friend to RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) it. The motrin can really do a number on his stomach too. The maximum dose of motrin is usually around 3.2 grams per day and your friend will be taking 3.6 gm just to put it in perspective. I would definately question the wisdom in such a high dose.

motrin - is that what you call ibuprofen in the states?

The thing is about our docs, they just want to get you out of there practice asap. I sware our docs get comission on perscription drugs.
They just seem to throw drugs at every problem, then if there is a side effect, throw in a 2nd drug to counter the 1st.
RICE - yeah I told him that as soon as he done it. It annoys me that the Doc didnt give him this advice. Just the drugs.

As I said before I would have expected him to be given an antibiotic. Is that right?

Never heard of ART before.
Its a shame there are no providers within range of where my mate lives.
Double shame cos my mates Dad is really suffering from siatica and has been on sick leave for 13months.

What is the closest. ART is by far the most amazing treatment out there for all soft tissue issues. I have used it extensively and it has changed my life. It is rather new, I am not surpised that you have not heard of it. It has been around for 10 years or so, but you watch.... within the next 5 everyone interested in training and sports will know of it.

My closest provider was about an hour and it was well worth it!

Well the closest to him is only 40miles, but its London. That would mean walking from the tube, which my mates Dad may not be able to do.

I'll push him into it. At the Mo he is just on drugs (again) and I keep forcing him to do some exercises, but I know he doesnt do them unless I'm there.

Are you kidding!!! You would just turn in to an acctual animal tendon if you did that.
FACT.

What you got planned for your big 2K post?

Oh shoot, I didn't even notice...I guess when you get to such an old age, they all seem routine...

Hahhahahah seriously though I'm thinking...hookers?

Treatment is anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, not antibiotics as it is not an infection. I do wonder if there was an error in th eprescription and it is 600mg every 6 hours which would only be 2.4 gms a day?

Back