TABOO TOPIC for guys only!!!!

KandeeMann2001

okay, so you wanna talk about unexpected benefits for weight loss - :D

have any of the guys here noticed any growth in size? i dropped about 100 pounds last year and noticed an increase of about 2 inches. dr. oz (from the oprah show) discussed the topic recently, saying that for every 35 pounds lost, you gain an inch in size.

anybody else notice a difference???

why? because you can see it now? :) I think it's visual more than anything.. Of course, the less fat you have around there, the less hidden it is. BTW.. my measure of being at least decently in shape is that I can see IT.. and my belly is not in the way. I'm not in shape now :)

......Accidentally....i thought you are talking about tatoo..
anyway, probably visual effect ... since you can see it more now...

no...lol...i could definately see it before. it looked pretty normal before. i'm just saying that it looks a lot bigger now. i've heard of the shaft becoming enveloped in the flab, but that wasn't my case. it was just bonus length. =P

no...lol...i could definately see it before. it looked pretty normal before. i'm just saying that it looks a lot bigger now. i've heard of the shaft becoming enveloped in the flab, but that wasn't my case. it was just bonus length. =P

It is in interesting observation ... I don't know if it is true. Maybe? Obesity is associated with hyperestrogenism (too much estrogen) because fat cells (adipose tissue) convert androgens (testosterone and dihydrotestosterone, the family of hormones that maintain male sex characteristics) to estrogen. With more fat cells, you get more testosterone converted to estrogen and:

1) your estrogen/testosterone balance is changed
2) you have overall increased estrogen for a male.
3) overall decreased testosterone

This causes males to develop breasts (gynecomastia) and other female characteristics. The male breasts in obesity are also due to increased fat.

I don't know how much you weighed before, but you may have had a drop in estrogen levels.

However, I doubt that it actually has caused growth ... anyway, interesting observation! It might change the size a bit?!? There are however limits to changes once the basic body plan is developed as a fetus. For example, adult women who undergo sex change therapy to men do not grow a penis when they are given exogenous testosterone.

Last edited:
Back