Stuck.

Tralala1

Hi everyone!

I just recently became a member of the Weight Loss Forum. You are all so inspirational! It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to done what you all have done. Keep up the great work!

I'm on this thread today because I'm stuck. Personally, I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I focus more on toning. I've been taking progress photos of myself since late February so I can see myself making progress, but I feel very discouraged by what I see. I've made a huge change in my diet -- cut out carbs, no carbonated drinks, very little snacking, and eating more protein. I've also been doing high intensity interval workouts, about three or four times a week.

I'm 5'8'' and I currently weigh 150. I weighed about 170-ish at my highest. A lot of the weight came off in early college because I lived right next to the gym and ate a lot of salad (because I was too lazy to stand in line to wait for burgers and pizza). I'm not one who cares for the numbers on the scale. I base my weight loss more so on my progress photos and how my clothes are fitting.

I don't think I'm fat and I love all my curves, but I do have body image issues because I grew up in an Asian family where skinny was the norm. Although I don't want to be stick skinny -- I want to feel fit and look fit, but I feel like I'm plateauing in terms of physical changes to my body. Part of the problem for me is that my weight fluctuates very, very easily. I'll look one way one week, and the next week I'll look different. Perhaps it's all in my head, but after I started taking progress photos, it's a constant struggle for me to not nit-pick over minor changes.

The photos are in different order...Sorry...I wasn't sure how to change it online.

View attachment 21967View attachment 21968View attachment 21969View attachment 21970View attachment 21971

If there's anything that anyone can suggest to me at this point, please do share. I would definitely appreciate it! :)

Your weight will fluctuate daily and weekly. Go by how u feel and how your clothes fit you. Maybe increase working out and clean up the diet for a couple weeks and See if you feel better.

i weighed 173 and in approx month went to 155 its like only 2 kilos (5lbs) away from u nd im only 4cm lower than u but u look really good!! i just cant believe it, u look like id like to look actually. my shapes are just riddiculous compared to yours, i think i need to drop at least 40lbs (20 kg) to look any nearly to you. but were nearly same sizes, i dont get this..

u rly look good except belly in 2nd pic, but in 4th pic is actually pretty nice, i want that!

how long did it went to loose this?

u only need to do something abt belly other than that ur totally fine imo nd i like skinny/slender or normal slim types of bodies

personally just ate rly healthy/clean + tryina do low cal, but it was going up and down like from 300-1500 cal a day. no exersises so far

i weighed 173 and in approx month went to 155 its like only 2 kilos (5lbs) away from u nd im only 4cm lower than u but u look really good!! i just cant believe it, u look like id like to look actually. my shapes are just riddiculous compared to yours, i think i need to drop at least 40lbs (20 kg) to look any nearly to you. but were nearly same sizes, i dont get this..

The reason for the difference between you and the OP - as I've told you elsewhere - is that the OP has worked hard with toning exercise rather than purely looking at a desire to drop pounds and do nothing but drop pounds at any cost.

u rly look good except belly in 2nd pic, but in 4th pic is actually pretty nice, i want that!

how long did it went to loose this?

u only need to do something abt belly other than that ur totally fine imo nd i like skinny/slender or normal slim types of bodies

personally just ate rly healthy/clean + tryina do low cal, but it was going up and down like from 300-1500 cal a day. no exersises so far

whats your problem???

The reason for the difference between you and the OP - as I've told you elsewhere - is that the OP has worked hard with toning exercise rather than purely looking at a desire to drop pounds and do nothing but drop pounds at any cost.
ill try do that but im afraid it will stop being effective when i will need it the most, the last pounds that dont go off usually. i have heard plenty enough abt this as well as kinda experienced myself. when i got fat first time, i lost everything without exercise btw. it was very long time tho ~year maybe less but i dont remember

whats your problem???
what? well my problem is being fat? what do u mean?

ill try do that but im afraid it will stop being effective when i will need it the most, the last pounds that dont go off usually. i have heard plenty enough abt this as well as kinda experienced myself. when i got fat first time, i lost everything without exercise btw. it was very long time tho ~year maybe less but i dont remember

what? well my problem is being fat? what do u mean?
telling her she looks bad in picture. your rude and make everything about you and your lack of success.

where did i said that? i said op looks good even nd as for critising belly in 2nd pic why would i say anything else if i think so? and i just posted my case since i can relate to her also since we have similar size maybe it can be relevant to op too? usually u do that on forums no? after that i just replied to something that was aimed to me..so calm down

Back