Stress Management.

Please, I need advice that I can give to my client on the best way to manage stress from work. She is a busy executive and have to perform household chores at home. The husband says no to hiring a house help. This is telling on her health. what is the solution.

Google "Progressive Muscle Relaxation" and "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy" both help me a lot.

Both are covered in this book:

If she is a corp. exec. then she should make enough money to hire household help. If her husband says no, then he can do all the chores... her money can be used in any way she deems fit.

+1
My wife is the regional quality director for a global medical testing lab. Do you think I tell her what she can spend money on?

Please, I need advice that I can give to my client on the best way to manage stress from work. She is a busy executive and have to perform household chores at home. The husband says no to hiring a house help. This is telling on her health. what is the solution.
If he isn't doing his share too then she should tell him to go f*** himself. If she thinks they can afford home help then she should be able to if she wants.

How come he's OK with her paying you but not a cleaner?

Recommend: firing the husband, then hiring a cleaner.
What if they have no money? An exec in Nigeria might not be as wealthy as a US exec. That's why I put in the bit about him pulling his weight; if he's getting her to do it all then get the guy whacked and find a new husband, but if he's doing his fair share then fair enough

What if they have no money? An exec in Nigeria might not be as wealthy as a US exec. That's why I put in the bit about him pulling his weight; if he's getting her to do it all then get the guy whacked and find a new husband, but if he's doing his fair share then fair enough

I don't understand your point because fired husband = considerably less overhead = money to pay cleaner + money for whores, wodka and video games.

House work = long, boring and stressful.

If she needs stress relief, let her get a housekeeper, I say.

But, really, the source of the stress seems to come from work. You can let her get a housekeeper, but this won't be fixing the problem at the source.

Less hours. A vacation perhaps and she should talk to her employer about this. Also, I don't understand why the husband doesn't want to let her get housekeeper. IMO, this isn't helping either.

The best thing here is communicating with gentleness and diplomacy towards her husband. A marriage is a partnership and one that should be caring and consideration towards one another. Have her remind him of that and with love and thoughts of her to consider her request. If he says no then fire his ars!

If he isn't doing his share too then she should tell him to go f*** himself. If she thinks they can afford home help then she should be able to if she wants.

How come he's OK with her paying you but not a cleaner?

Could be that he isn't a paid counselor, but a company provided counselor or something. Some companies do that (I think its a good idea, working in an office would drive me freaking nuts.) He might be using the term client loosely here.

There are meditation techniques that can she can do even if she's at home. Proper breathing (5-10min) can calm her and will help her to reduce the things she was worrying about even just for a while. Yoga also is good.
I think the most practical thing for her,is to get enough sleep. :sleeping:

The Way to Take Stress Away in 2010

The benefits of charlotte massage therapy are numerous and significant. Therapeutic massage therapy incorporates touch therapy from Western and non-Western traditions. Practitioners incorporate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathology to address soft tissue dysfunctions and stress related conditions. Therapeutic massage can provide dramatic results for many conditions including:

• Arthritis
• Asthma
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Circulatory Conditions
• Depression
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Migraine Headaches
• Insomnia
• Myofascial Pain
• Sports Injuries
• Stress and/or Tension
• Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder
• Fibromyalgia
• Back Pain
• Work Related Muscle Pain
• High Blood Pressure
• Post Operative Pain (Helps Decrease Scar Tissue)
• Cancer (Helps Alleviate Side Effects Of Cancer and Cancer Treatments)

Up to 90% of illnesses may be stress related. Massage can help reverse the damaging effects of stress and aging by lowering blood pressure and heart rate. Massage has been proven to do the following functions:

• Promote general relaxation
• Increase flexibility and joint movement
• Relieve muscle tension
• Stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
• Help athletes of any level prepare for or recover from strenuous workouts
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ which is the skin

There’s no denying the power of massage therapy. Regardless of the adjectives we assign to it (pampering, rejuvenating, therapeutic) or the reasons we seek it out (a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management), massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen

Have a Great Year!

That was really stressful doing both, she can never do full time house chores if she still working and aside from that you can never deny that her office work is kind a stressful too. Question is her husband has a job and his earning is good? If he has why not stop working and be a full time house wife since her husband does not want to hire a helper.

Hello,

I got good information and ways to the stress out. You people helped me a lot. Thanks for these ideas.

Regards,
Olivia
Jimclemmer.com

Back