Still harbouring baby fat :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here goes nothing,
I had my son May of 2015 and he's almost a year old. Along with having him came a lot of problems( no not with my son, he's healthy thank god for that) but a lot of the problems came with his father. After a fallout we split and I took it really bad. After having my son, I went from 301 to 280 and then 280 to 250. With the stress and not eating at times my weight began to creep back up. What really got me is breastfeeding.. I felt so alone and everyone around me wanted to just give him formula.. but I kept with it.

So fast forward to now and here's my problem... I stepped on a scale last month and it read 316. I nearly had a heart attack!! This is the biggest I've ever been in my ENTIRE life and it scares me.

Look I eat healthy, I only eat kosher fish and maybe chicken or turkey once or so a week and the rest is simply vegetables or fruits..

I drink water perhaps not enough.

I'm sick of being like this.. I've like zero energy and at times I do not eat anything ( I know it's horrible but when you feel like crap you don't wanna eat.)

I need some advise, support , something;

First of all congratulations on your son! Being a new mom is an emotional time and adding to that, relationship problems with your partner makes for a very difficult time. You are a strong woman to keep up the breastfeeding even against other people's opinions. Remember he is your son and it's your responsibility to feed him however you feel is best for him. It's impossible to make everybody happy and you don't have too. I've been through that too where I've had people tell me I'm a bad mom for whatever reason and get so many conflicting opinions from people so that the only thing left to do is just make the best decision I can and stick with it.

Regarding the weight issue, trying to lose weight during a difficult time in life is difficult but not impossible. I went through a period during my pregnancy where I was having relationship issues with someone I was close to and gained almost all my pregnancy weight in the first 3 months of pregnancy. It wasn't until I got some counseling and was able to work out the emotional aspects that the weight gain issues resolved. If you are able to talk with a counselor to help work out any emotional aspects that are going on it could be a big help with getting your energy back, and feeling better, which in turn can help with getting your weight back to a healthy range.

Your diet sounds like it's got healthy choices in it, you could check the amounts you are eating and try a food diary for a few days, add up the calories to get an idea of how much you're actually consuming. Someone advised me on that once and even though I was eating healthy stuff I was surprised at how much I was actually eating when I wrote it all down.

Also in your diet do you eat mostly whole or refined grains? When I get discouraged or depress I tend to turn to carbs that are refined such as white bread, sweet bread, etc... which make me put on weight, I get more discouraged, have less energy, and it's a vicious cycle. Try cutting out refined carbs if you eat them and see if your energy levels pick back up. Once your energy levels pick back up you'll feel more like getting back on track with weight loss.

Wish you the best with your health and your little one and I hope your life smooths out for you soon.

Congratulations on your son. Spicymomof1 made great points. I work with Mothers on a regular basis guiding them through the process of taking off the post pregnancy weight. I focus on improving 3 domains (Nutrition, Fitness & Wellness). Lets start on the Nutrition side of things. What does a typical day of eating look like for you? (Food choices, brands, quantities)

Hi... I can relate! But I personally found that just getting in atleast 25 mins of some sort of exercise along and making healthy choices is a start. Water is key, drink up!! I do also take plant based supplements. Now I do understand they arent for everyone, but they have helped me lose my baby weight and I couldn't be happier! Let me know if you would like the info I would love to share! Good Luck!! :)

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have tried soooo many diets and my body just doesn't react to them the same after having a baby. I have found the right one for me now and it's been life changing. What have you tried?

Congratulations on your son! :) I also had my daughter feb of 2015 and she's turning 2 years old now. What I did months after I gave birth to my daughter is just a proper diet and eating healthy foods and work outs and take good vitamins.

Congratulations on your son! I also had my daughter April 2015 and she's turning 2 years old soon this year... What I did after I gave birth was having a proper diet and eat healthy food.. i treat house chores like a workout since im a full timw housewife now. And also take good supplements too. Hope these helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back