Sport Specific Training Program

Hi,

I've been training athletes for nearly 25 years and have developed some very effective programs that get dramatic results. I also have a M.S. in Exercise Science and would like to start an online sport specific training program but would like some input from others.

I've had my son on his particular program for 2.5 years and he has had the following results. He's 14 now.

Vertical increased 17 inches
Broad Jump increased 2.5 feet
40 yard dash from 6.3 to 5.0
Bench Press from 60 to 175lbs.

I would like to target my program to young teens that want to increase their size, speed and strength along with improving their athletic performance. I have all of the drills and exercises, along with proper technique, on video.

Can some of you give me some feedback on how parents of young people might be interested in having an online trainer to help them improve athletically? Of course the parent would have to be with them when they worked out. I would appreciate any input.

I'm unsure if you're posting to get business or not. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have honest intentions.

I think the biggest problem you're going to run into with adolescents is technique and form need reinforcing from the watchful eye of a coach. Online can't do that.

Also, there's really nothing sports specific except for actually playing the sport...unless your sport is powerlifting.

Hmm, my 14 year old is super athletic but online training? I don't think its hands on enough and if you have a teen that actually listens to his parents tell me what I'm doing wrong!! I am a certified cross country coach for my sons former middle school. It was hard enough trying to coach him during a school sport let alone on the advice of an online trainer. I understand your passion for training teens and I think we need more teen trainers in this world but I'm not sure the online way is the way to go esp. if its up to the parents to see to it that they are following the program you give them. However, if you have any training advice for us adults we always have an open ear!! Thats just my opinion.

Back