Spencer's Diary

Lamb shanks sound amazing right about now! Looks like you're turning a hungover start of the week into a winner.

maybe i misunderstood... if you have a cup of tea with milk and sugar, that will be enough calories to break a fast. during my fasting times i drink water, iced tea (lemon = 1 or 2 calories... it takes about 50+ calories to break a fast), black coffee and hot tea with a 'friendly' sweetener.

I actually don't drink and coffee at all, and only drink herbal teas now (no milk/cream/sweeteners required). Loving blood orange and strawberries and cream flavours at the moment.

When I was IF on my own, I would only drink water or water with some fresh lemon slices.

Good evening awesome people :)

So I planned to fast through to tomorrow morning, which I would normally do quite comfortably, but today I just wasn't feeling it.
Woke up amazing, but by 4pm I was done.

Finished the cleanse with a shake (helps with the sensitive stomach), and enjoying one of my favourite meals tonight - Moroccan seasoned grilled chicken with hummus, salad (pomegranate makes it) and some feta. No dressing required.
Jumping on the scales tomorrow, and a measure and progress photo - looking forward to comparing the changes in my body.

One thing I'm struggling with is the gym closures with the latest lockdown. I am terrible at motivating myself at home, so thinking of joining a local PTs 6-week program. Live Zooms, so there's accountability - definitely what I need!!

Hope you all had a brilliant day, thanks for reading xx

You must be a brilliant cook! That´s such an advantage in the whole eating properly affair. I´m restarting Zoom workouts with my family this Saturday and I´m really looking forward to it :)

You must be a brilliant cook! That´s such an advantage in the whole eating properly affair. I´m restarting Zoom workouts with my family this Saturday and I´m really looking forward to it :)

Thank you! I do enjoy it, bit have always been a 'meat and three veg' cook (mashed potato lover!). I'm enjoying being creative for sure.

The meal above is super easy - Google 'ras el hanout' and the spices are there, or just the Moroccan spice blend from the supermarket.

I season the chicken (I use thigh mostly) and then place it between two sheet of cling film. Bash it out with a rolling pin and grill.
I do make my own hummus (again, Google is a friend) but it's readily available in the supermarket, and the salad is basic - rocket, spinach, olives, red onion, capsicum, cherry tomato, dry roasted pine nuts and pomegranate (I'm all for easy - frozen pomegranate works fine).
And I use a soft feta that will mix through and dress the salad.
It's really simple and totally yum!

re: hummus... i wish i had never watched that movie, "You Don't Mess with the Zohan".

Oh, please don't remind me, I love hummus but that near killed it for me :ack2::rofl:

Back