Spam

Trusylver

Sport and Exercise Coach
Staff member
AI don't know if it is just me noticing this but there seems to be a lot more spam posts than there used to be ? I know I have been away from the forum for quite a while, so has the policy on what is considered spam changed ?

The policy on spam hasn't changed, but yes, there seems to be a lot more spam posts!

Sad to say, most of what is being posted nowadays is spam. Keeping that under control is almost impossible at the moment.

I started a thread deemed to be spam based on seeing others doing the same thing therefore thinking product promotion was ok.My thread was then deleted (which is fair - i wasnt aware i was spamming as i thought that because others had posted products i could too) and i got a rude message from an admin (little antisocial) I think if you want to stop spam you need to apply rules across the board not just to certain individuals. I agree rules are rules BUT for everyone not just the few!

I suppose we just need to start pushing that little red flag button when a "spam" occurrence happens.

@ SBCUK - the same rules are applied to everyone, with a few exceptions for members that are well established. If that established member asks, we MAY allow them to post their blog or website link in their signature... However, if they are simply pushing a product, it would not be allowed - no exeptions unlesss that individual has contacted the forum owner and has PAID to advertise their product. This is the only way that we can keep the forum running at no cost to the members. The reason that you may have seen others posting in the way that you had posted is because it is impossible for us to catch all of the spam on the forum... if one of the admins had seen it, it would have been deleted.

@ emeerz05 - that would help us out a lot! As I said above, it's impossible for us to catch all of the spam!

Originally Posted by PLBFitness

@ SBCUK - the same rules are applied to everyone, with a few exceptions for members that are well established. If that established member asks, we MAY allow them to post their blog or website link in their signature... However, if they are simply pushing a product, it would not be allowed - no exeptions unlesss that individual has contacted the forum owner and has PAID to advertise their product. This is the only way that we can keep the forum running at no cost to the members. The reason that you may have seen others posting in the way that you had posted is because it is impossible for us to catch all of the spam on the forum... if one of the admins had seen it, it would have been deleted.

@ emeerz05 - that would help us out a lot! As I said above, it's impossible for us to catch all of the spam!

I try to catch as much as I can. I don't like it. Its quite annoying to me. I flag anything that just appears to be an ad for weight loss.

Originally Posted by emeerz05

I try to catch as much as I can. I don't like it. Its quite annoying to me. I flag anything that just appears to be an ad for weight loss.

Well, we appreciate it... even if you only catch a few here and there, it really helps!

:iagree:

Back