Self Confidence/Relationship Issues...could it be just me???

I'm not quite sure where to start...I guess by saying my boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months, things were going great until his parents came into town around our 3 month mark and it managed to stir up some trouble between us. Well since then we've REALLY moved past it and things have been better than ever, I even moved in with him (long story). Well his parents just came down again for the holidays and the night before they left, I left the apartment to go help my dad out with something and apparently while i was gone they cornered him about me and our relationship, claiming they didn't know we were living together so they felt blindsided when they came down (keep in mind my boyfriend is 25, pays his own bills, and his an only child) they also were apparently upset with how busy our schedule is (which they were warned about FAR in advance before they came down) and said they felt they didn't get hardly any time with him (they were down 5 days), but they also wanted to get to know me better and said they felt they never got the chance and how he needed to start taking more time for just himself........yeah, in a nutshell, and as mean as this is to say...i'm glad they're gone now, but the aftermath of their conversation is still lingering in the apartment because he says "he feels stuck between me and his mom" when his mom and I aren't even fighting. I never said a word to her about their conversation while they were down and no matter how many times i try to tell him that we're good, there's nothing to worry about, he doesn't seem to want to get over it and while i did nothing wrong, i'm the one being punished because he's pissed at them it seems. I have a really strong gut feeling that something else was said in the conversation that has him really upset that he wont tell me.

My grandmother passed away the same day his parents left so i really needed him because we were super close...even though she just passed away he started talking about how his dad was right and he needed some more "me" time all to himself....yeah i just can't see this ending well...it's even gotten to the point where i can stand in front of him in his favorite bra and panties set and he just kept looking over me, even took the bra off and was taking my sweet time putting another shirt on, and again, he didn't seem to care at all. I'm just frusturated and was wondering if maybe it's just me, if i'm over reacting a little bit in feeling like he doesn't want me around anymore or sexually ever since his parents came into town, even though we were more than happy and great before........

I know this isn't really fitness related, but i've run out of options of people to ask for advice....By the way, I'm 5'5" and in GREAT shape!! So i know it doesn't have anything to do with my body itself, even though i'm really starting to have major confidience issues because of it :(

I'll be brutally honest. If you just moved in with someone and they are saying they need more alone time, it is probably not a good sign. (Unless you are very controlling, or the two of you have no friends or interests outside of each other to the point that it is unhealthy).

Don't blame yourself. It sounds like there may be some family issues here. With respect to why he isn't interested in you sexually, it could be stress and/or depression. I think communication is key in any relationship. He should explain why he feels stuck between you and his mother. There may be more going on that you don't know about. Good luck.

Stress is a big factor i think. Slowly, day by day things seem to be getting better and for that i've very greatful, so i'm not sure what to think right now. I really thinking that he was just super stressed and depressed with everything that was going on and the fact that he has a really busy schedule. But at the same time he's always had a busy schedule and we were coping just fine. He's very quick to point out other people's flaws, but when it comes to himself...he'd much rather push people away so it's very hard to get him to open up and talk to me. I'm just hoping that things continue to get better and stay better the way they were before. I guess we'll have to see. I agree though that him wanting more time to himself when we've only been together 6 months, living together 3-ish, isn't a good sign, and that's why i was freaking out a bit. But things seem to be getting better, so fingers crossed

Back