Scotts Diary Starting 14/01/06

Ok. So i'm going to start a diary as of today. Before pics (from today, not all my previous weight loss) will come tommorow. Plan is to level off my Weight Loss (Currently 153-4lbs, and I want to stay around this sort of weight).

Plan is to loose the excess bodyfat around my belly and love handles, and tone up ready for holidays in 4 months.

Will be getting a Body Fat test done, plus a BP done asap and post up :) Heres to a fitter 2006!!

good luck scottee look forward to following your progress. :)

Ok, here goes... no laughing! hehe. my body stores around my belly are silly, im moderatly toned everywhere except my belly and love handles ;)

Everyones body stores fat in slightly different ways. What you have to remember is that it WILL come off!! But, from what you've already lost, you know that already ;)

Best of luck man. You've made a better start than me and actually posted your diary in the men's section! lol

I've decided to tweek my workout after some great advice from the guys here. This was todays workout:

Warmup
12 x Squat - 55lbs
30 x Non-Weighted Crunches
20 x Weighted Crunches - 22lbs
12 x Seated Chest Presses - 115lbs
08 x Seated Chest Presses - 145lbs
12 x LAT PullDowns - 150lbs
08 x LAT PullDowns - 190lbs
12 x Seated Shoulder Press - 75lbs
08 x Seated Shoulder Press - 95lbs
12 x Seated Row - 105lbs
08 x Seated Row - 125lbs
Rest 5mins
Run (Eliptical Runner) - 6.4k/35mins
12 x Seated Chest Presses - 135lbs
12 x LAT PullDowns - 180lbs
12 x Seated Shoulder Press - 85lbs
12 x Squat - 55lbs
Cool Down

Over all it took about an hour and 30mins. The weighted crunch is certainly different... it felt great after I had finished! As always, any tips and/or advice are more than welcome :)

Had a short run on the 16th, only 30mins, and thats it, was a little bit sore from the work out the night before, so I dint want to push myself. Yesterday, I had a bit of a break, and treated myself. Had a lovely Steak with Potato wedges (grilled) for dinner, and for supper I had a small pizza (naughty naughty!) but its helped loads.

I find that i will start to crave something, and if i deny myself it, then I jsut go off the rails, but if I treat myself once every few weeks, I stay on track. Work out planned for tonight, probibly going to push myself a little more, and follow the same plan as above :)

I understand that your trying to lose weight. But dont think that just because your lifting so many weights you'll gain muscle.
You seem to want to train for looks and not for performance, which is fine. However I think that you'd look much better if you put on some muscle rather than lose the fat.

well, im not trying to loose weight any more, just loose the fat hehe. Yes, its cosmetic, not performance really, but i assume as my general fitness increases, i'll slowly be moving to performance... what sorta thing you recommened manofkent, what should i change?

I think you should do the classic, bulk and cut. - ask if you dont know
or start a good mass building program, but take it easy on the carbs and fats, this means that you'll gain muscle slower, but you wont get fat and have to bulk and cut.

you could try Hypertrophy scpecific training at

have a look at the example work outs. write up your full program and type it up back here. It a lot of work but you'll only ever have to do it once in your life.

Use www.exrx.net to help find exercises.

Thought i'd post an update. Been trying to increase my cal intake, and i've been laying off the machines, and doing way more bench and freeweight work, and weighted situps. Will post more details when i have time. Weight is down to 150lbs (10st 10lbs). Piccies:

Last edited:
Update - 03.02.06

Just thought I would post a bit of a weight update. Weight loss seems to be leveling off nicely now, will be weighing some point today too, so will update then.

I've been noticing ALOT off difference in my abs after doing weighted crunches. I can really really feel alot of muscule under the layer of fat on my belly, and that fat is slowing going away!

I've upped my cal intake, so thats always good. Bad news is.... I was originally doing this to look good for when we went to Mexico for New Year, but my my parents have decided to take us all in June now instead!! So I have 4 months to get looking good (atleast what I think is 'looking good')

(lbs)
06/01/06 - 156
09/01/06 - 154.5
11/01/06 - 153
12/01/06 - 152
16/01/06 - 153
18/01/06 - 151.5
23/01/06 - 151
26/01/06 - 151
29/01/06 - 150.5
07/02/06 - 151.5
11/02/06 - 148

Last edited:
Hurt my wrist a little on the 07/02/06. I was doing a light workout, about 6-7mins warmup, then some moderatly heavy pulls, flies etc and a few weighted crunches, 20min run (I had not eaten much in the day really, so I was laying off).

Everything was fine in the workout, but when I woke up the next day, my left wrist was very tight and slightly painfull. I'm not sure if this is down to the workout or down to just sleeping on my arm alkwardly. I've decided to ease up on the weights for a little while the discomfort goes away.

In the meantime im thinking of getting some USN Muscle Fuel Mass, which im hoping will level out my weight loss?

Link is:

Anyone have any advice with this?

Last edited:
Scottee your looking great. just take it easy at the gym until your sure your wrist can handle it. no use putting yourself out of comission for nothing!!

Wrist pain has gone now, but making sure i strap it up when im not in the gym. I remebered that its the wrist I broke skiing when i was a kid, so it prob jsut a little weak ;)

Been taking my Protein shakes for a few days now, wont know what difference they are making till I hit the gym scales tonight, but my home skales are showing a gain of maybe a pound or two.

Took some more piccies today, atleast I can always use this thread to compare them now lol

I can feel my abs now, and they are starting to give the side of my belly a bit of a dip.... shouldn't be long before they poke though :p

Last edited:
Back