sciatica and bulging disc

Hey
I'm 25 I've had a bulging disc in my L5 or ls5 whatever it's called for 3 years which has caused sciatica on my right side and sometimes when I do sit-ups I get a shooting pain down the inside of my leg, I have a lot of right hip pain also, but this is not the only pain I get! it's horrible. I've been getting so unmotivated and just when I start getting back in to things and do harder workouts my back fails and it depresses me, I can't seem to lose weight or tone up without hurting my back/hip/leg or glut (and it's not the good after workout pain- it's something is wrong pain.) I did my injury from running and haven't been able to run since, I know swimming is good but I find it boring, I wanna know if anyone has had similar issues and are fit? I just want to be in the best shape that I can be and as fit as I can be. So what do/can i do?
I've spent thousands on physios and they've given me back strengthening exercises but I haven't been pain free for 3 years or in my ideal shape.

Sorry but the only advice I can give for something like this online is don't take guidance about something like this online.
It really does need professional guidance from someone who can be there with you.
I would advise finding out if anyone with a similar issue in your area knows a PT or similar who has helped them with training in a way to compensate for or help this issue, but I would have to say anyone giving specific advice without seeing you would need to be viewed with distrust.

Back