SAN products?

Hello, all. I was wondering what anyone could tell me about SAN products in general and how safe they are in comparison with other products out there. I have never taken health supplements myself, and have recently been recommended to both Tight! and V12, though I really don't know what combinations of products is most benefitial anyway. If anyone can offer some input here, I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about SAN products in general or Tight! and V12 is particular. What type of supplements are they and what are your goals? Why do you think you need (or were recommended) these supplements?

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Hi, thanks for the greeting!

Here is what I've pulled from San's website regarding
V-12: " Tricreatine Malate (Tri-Creatine Salt), N.A.G(N-Acetyl L-Glutamine), Betaine (Trimethylglycine), Glycocyamine,NitroArginine(Arginine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate),Micronized Taurine;

Together these compounds work synergistically to increase strength, endurance, recovery and vasodialation (blood flow). Also, Fuel Injection V12 is knwon to increase glycogen storage, creatine production and nitrogen retention just from one single serving."

Tight! : " Thermogenic Proprietary Blend of the following:
Caffeine Anhydrous 99%, Forslean 10%, Synephrine 96%, Sclareolide 96%, Pure Guggulsterones E & Z 99% 1:1 Total Mix, Yohimbine 99%, Vinpocetine 99%, Bioperine 96% 325 mg

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Gelatin,
Red #3, Orange #4" and is an ephedraine free weight loss supplement.

I have taken interest in taking supplements (V-12 specifically) because of the results my roomates are getting with Celltech, and how quickly they are now recovering. As far as Tight! is concerned, losing weight, especially around my midsection, has always been difficult for me. THough I don't see myself to be overweight, I believe I could stand to lose a few in this area and feel that this supplement might help.

Generally what I'm curious about is how safe these products are in comparison with products made by GNC or any other big names in the industry, as I've never used supplements before. I apologize for the long message, but any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Let me take the second one first. I have never seen a benefit from using them (and I have tried a few). So I would vote no on Tight! Now, if you want a little bit of an extra boost for your workout, try drinking a large cup of coffee right before your workout. It will let you work out longer and harder (recent study was done on this - heard about it on the Dr. Dean show) and costs a fraction of any weight loss suplement. It also helps to burn fat faster, instead of carbs.

Now, about the V12. I have heard of some people who have had great results with this type of thing. But one thing I would caution is that it probably won't do as much good as making sure that you are eating right and getting enough vitamins, minerals, and sleep (and don't overlook that last one). If you already have all of these, then adding the V12 might help, but it would be the last thing I would add out of those listed.

You don't mention a multivitamin/protein/BCAA supplement and I would start with one or all of those depending on your diet. Then move on to the more advanced supplements.

I appreciate the input on this! I'll do further research on the multiviatmin/protein/BCAA to find the one that's best for me. Thanks again.

Those are typically 3 different supplements (although protein often contains Branch Chain Amino Acids). And again, only look at those if your diet has already been worked on or is as good as you can get it. Diet/Sleep/Exercise all come way before supplements, but the supplements can certainly help if the prerequisits are met.

Back