Resistance training?

So, in my fight against loosing some weight (im about 141, looking to run down to 135 or so), i've been doing cardio 2 days on one day off (plus hockey thrown in), and lots of crunches (trying to go after that fabled sixpack ;)). I know that more muscle mass leads to higher metablism/fat burning throughout the whole body. Now, my question is, to loose more weight/fat (i mainly wanna loose fat), do I just stick w/the cardio & the crunches? Or should i be doing resistance (such as bench press, bicep curls, military press, etc) in order to help burn that fat as well? Thanks for the help!

**I've also changed my diet so hopefully that'll help!**

Like you said, more muscle mass helps burn fat. I would say yes to your question. It couldn't hurt. That is what I am doing. I am lifting to gain muscle as well as adding in some quality cardio. For example: I'm a college bball fan. Those guys run, run, run for hours on end during practice. What do they do when they aren't on the court...they lift weights for hours. Granted they are already in shape to be playing at that level, that activity adds to their shape and maintains it. Good Luck!

Back