prenatal vitamins

so, a friend of mine is just starting a weightlifting routine, she's 37 and hopes to be pregnant within the next 6 months or so. she was asking me what vitamins to take - i told her prenatals - she said it would make her fat....any ideas on that? also, she's wondering how much she can work out being pregnant and so forth. this is sooo not my area, so I thought I'd ask you guys....

Prenatal vitamins wont make you fat, they are essential to pregnacy espescially folic acid she should be taking them right now. as for exercise moderate cardio as long as her heart rate doesnt go up too high, high impact stuff might have to be cut out or down on more so in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.but elliptical,walking even some jogging is ok if her Dr says so :) weight lifting ( :confused: im not sure on this one her Dr might have a better idea)is ok she wont be able to do the exercises where she lies down on her back much after the first trimester. i dont think shell be able to continue heavy sets til after pregnancy(im not quite sure what kind of weight routine she has but if its pretty light i think she can keep on doing it)
get those vitamins going though ;)

Back