Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelfly

Hi there! This is my very first time on this website so please pardon any ridiculous questions I may have!
I am getting married in three months and I need to lose 30-40 pounds. Okay...maybe 25-30 pounds. Does anyone have any suggesstions? I really need some help because I am starting to get extremely depressed!

welcome to the forum angelfly,

first of all, there's no such thing as a ridiculous question, however 30 lbs in three months is a lot. How are you eating habits currently and how much are you exercising already. Please give us a little more information, then we might be able to give a few more pointers.
You should try a combination of cardio and weight training, but how much depends on where you're at already.

Thanks Natalie...I used to have a pretty intense cardio workout regimine. I recently threw my back out which has made it even harder to get out and exercise. My back is slowly getting better so I was thinking maybe it wouldn't hurt to go to my local track & start walking a mile a couple times a week. I am also going to start using my exercise ball on a daily basis! My eating habbits...well...my eating habbits suck! I used to be on Atkins (I actually lost a good 20 lbs.) But I ended up missing bread too much...okay...I ended up missing carbs. too much! I need to find a perfect mediumn. I want to feel beatiful when I'm standing naked in front of my fiance...but right now...I just...don't!

Hello Angelfly,

great to have you on board. If your eating habits are bad right now, I suggest you start a diary here in the forum. Write everything down, that gives us a chance to comment and make suggestions on what to change. My first question, are you drinking enough water???
That's tough that you have back-problems right now, but using the exercise ball and starting to walk are a great start. When your back is improving you can increase from walking to jogging, or go bike riding - not sure how that works with a bad back - that's a great cardio as well. You could also try and go swimming...

WOW Lisa...Those are some AWESOME suggesstions! Thank you very much! How do I go about recording my diet diary here in the forum? I thought I gave my body enough water, but How much is enough?

we are all posting the diary section ... just start a new thread and call it angel's diary, or something along those lines ... good luck

Okay~
I have a new question...If you're wanting to lose weight, say about 25-30 lbs., and you're 28 years old and a female, and you HAVE to lose the weight quickly...what is the BEST approach? Is it, doing your cardio and then some light weight training. Or is it the other way around, light weight training and then cardio?

Also, is the Atkins diet seriously bad for you? I've been thinking about getting back on it, but I just hate the thought of eating nothing but meat, cheese and eggs all of the time!

One more thing...AllCd n Boy...Are you a boy or a man? Just curious! :) Thanks for the advice again hun!

I'm a guy (as my g/f's would say - 25yrs old).

Well, since your focus is on weight loss, you will want to aim towards doing your cardio first. Whichever you are more serious about, goes first. As far as the best approach, I think it would be to work up to about 1h cardio 5-6 days/week and working in the cardio zone, not the fat burning zone. Fat burning zone is slow but doesn't burn as much muscle ... so, if that's not your concern, work in the cardio zone and burn it all away. Be careful with the Atkins diet, tho. If you go full tilt with it, you will find yourself pretty drained of energy until your body gets used to it, which is about 3 weeks. Good luck.

Thanks AllCdnBoy!!!

I appreciate the advice. I wil start this routine asafp. Straight cardio for an hour a day 5-6 days a week seems like a lot. Won't my body build up a tolerance level for this sort of cardio? Or do I need to increase the time in my workouts? Okay...I guess I just answered my own question!

Thank you hun! :)

i know i'm knew to the forum and all but i wanted to make a suggestion
i'm also 28 and with my first daughter i went to 200 lbs
i drank a lot of lemon water or a tea spoon of apple cider vinegar inur water cuts the fat. also a cup of hot water in the morning before breakfast sends u to bathroom natural laxitive also don't deny ur self snacks just don't eat the whole thing ur self sharing is agood way not to over eat tea without milk alot of soups and salads whole wheat wraps jello and yogurt like lisa said

and alot of partying shake that ass go to the club on friday and dance till u drop dance to everysong and i don;t mean slow songs
if i still lived in nyc i'll be out every other weekend i have kids now but thats how i lost my weight party til six in morning reggae soca calypso and hip hop
i think some cities even have salsa classes they work the mid section dancing does miracles just be consistant

Blewtori you my kinda girl,....just shake da booty,.....we had fun putting it on, lets have fun taking it off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back