Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydeco

Hello all, I’ve recently started a new diet and have been exercising regularly at the gym, I’m 31 5’7” and weigh about 220lbs, now I’ve been logging everything I eat into an app as well as my exercise, everything as close as I possibly can, now the app recommends I consume 1780 calories a day to loose 2lbs a week, I’ve been eating properly, Lean meats like chicken turkey or fish, veggies and brown rice etc, nothing out of a can or sodas or processed, the thing is I normally work out first thing in the morning, it consists of cardio then abs, I then go to work, I work construction doing commercial roofing, I make sure to eat during the day, and also have a protein shake post workout in the morning and in the evening after I’ve left the gym, after all I said and done I’ve pretty much reached my caloric goal, although with all the exercise I perform I end up around 1200 calories under my goal and I’m not even logging in what I estimate I burn during a work day, my question is, Is this safe? Will it stifle my weight loss goals? Should I eat more to get closer to my caloric goal? I’m weightlifting at the gym in the evenings, drinking plenty of water and getting tons of nutrients from the foods I eat, I don’t feel tired, my mood is great and my libido is fine, I’ve searched thoroughly online and can not get a clear answer to my questions, I really just wanna know if I should consume more calories or is it safe to keep up my routine as it is, going at this rate I’m Estimated to be around 7000-8000 under calorie intake by the end of the week, please help me lol, I’m out of my depth here

What has your rate of weight loss been ? if your loosing weight faster than the 2lb per week then yes increase calories, but if not and you feel fine then keep going as you are.

Yeah it’s been around 2lbs a week, although I gained 2 at one point, which I think is muscle

you don't just add 2 lb in a week, it takes time to build muscle gradually especially if you are in a calorie deficit for fat loss, however the food we eat and the exercise done can and does cause fluctuations in fluid retention.

For your weight and height requirements 1200 calories is too low, that may put your body in starvation mode. Aim for reaching your estimated calorie requirements to lose weight at a steady and healthy pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back