plateau

I have lost 84 lbs and have now been working out for 3 months. I think I have plateaued. Does anyone know how to boost your metabolism?

dsands said:
I have lost 84 lbs and have now been working out for 3 months. I think I have plateaued. Does anyone know how to boost your metabolism?
Have you been following a strict diet? If you have been eating alot of the same foods day in and day out then your body may need a cheat meal to kickstart your metabolism again. Your thyroid can become rather dormant when eating the same foods.

you may also have to adjust your diet/timings etc......

itransformed said:
Have you been following a strict diet? If you have been eating alot of the same foods day in and day out then your body may need a cheat meal to kickstart your metabolism again. Your thyroid can become rather dormant when eating the same foods.

you may also have to adjust your diet/timings etc......

This is VERY interesting; I was stuck on a plateau for a while, and after the holidays, after I pigged out on some of the best damn food I've ever had - I was able to break the plateau...

Servo888 said:
This is VERY interesting; I was stuck on a plateau for a while, and after the holidays, after I pigged out on some of the best damn food I've ever had - I was able to break the plateau...
Yes, somtimes this is all it takes and other times you may need to adjust your diet accordingly. Usually, I find that I can break a plateau with a nice cheat meal.

That is a little too much weight to lose in so little time. I would be especially careful. But anyway, stick with a good, clean diet and eventually you will break the plateau.

Back