Pill Crushing.. Yes or No..?

Do You Crush Your Pills Before Taking Them..?

• Yes.. That's the correct way to take pills.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No.. I would, (but it's too much trouble).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.. I don't, (because it doesn't matter).

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Hmmm.. I've never really thought about it.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
I just started my diet and am taking 12 supplements a day (of which 2 are softgels and the other 10 are tablets).. I have a interesting question.

I read?, heard?, and/or saw someplace? that it is better to crush your medications/supplement pills before taking them. If I can remember correctly, it seems as though pills don't get disolved as readily, or as completely, when they are whole.

Somehow, and for whatever reason, my mind keeps telling me that what I read, heard, saw indicated these partial pills were showing up at the sewage plant.. and without crushing them, we are just flushing our mony down the drain. (Sorry.. no pun intended). If that's the case, shouldn't we crush then?

Not knowing the answer to my own question, I would think crushing would be logical then. As I can remember the explaination.. as we take multiple pills, multiple times on a day to day basis we backlog our system to the point where we're taking in more than we can digest and absorb.. which then leads to above partial pill elimination.

So.. minds who are greater than mine (LOL).. what be the answer?

Dakota Duce

Simplify, Take A Liquid!

Looks like most folks don't think your hypothesis is correct. My research says your theory probably is correct. I also believe liquid supps are best. Gel and capsules good too. Crushed seems to be a good way although a pain in the private parts.

Back