P90x: pull-up inquiry

hiyah,

I'm needing some advice. greatly appreciated if you can help :)

First off, i'm getting the p90x package soon but i just realized that it pretty much requires a pull-up bar for one of its routine program.
Now, if for some reason I really can't get the bars, is there any alternatives around it ? Can i use resistance bands to get similar (perhaps 60%) or the same results? or even, can I skip that one DVD for the pull-up training routines and still get alone with a decent/good result if i stick with the program for 90 days?
Some advice would be great :11doh:

Thanks in advance

my question exactly !!!!! did you ask when you called the 800 number to order ?

Believe it or not you can exercise without the pull up bar. When you order the P90X you will get the resistence bands. What I suggest for any one that doesn't want to use the pull up bars for one reason or another get an extra band at any sports store that carries it and make sure it comes with a door catcher (I think it is what its called) anyway what you do is you get this little black thing and you put it through the resistence band and the catch goes on the door when you close it and in the videos you will see most doing the pull ups and one person using the bands and of course you do the exercise with the person doing the band exercise. This of course goes with any exercise on P90X. If you any questions don't hesitate to ask.

oh, maybe i should rethink having ruled it out. thanks !

When I first started p90x I used the bands for the first week. I then started to do assisted pull ups using the chair. By the end of my 90 days I was up to 12 regular pullups on the first set and then atleast 6 pulls ups on everyone after that. YOu will be able to work your way up to pull ups, and when you get there it feels great.

Chris

Try using the when doing pull-ups or chin-ups. You can do 'modified' pull ups and work the same pulling muscles as those used when doing a regular free standing pullup.
Best of all you can continue doing your pull-ups in front of the TV or computer while your P90X video is running. You don't have to run to the garage or closet to get your pull ups in. The Work Horse is especially great for women.

Back