P.M.S. - Talk to me Ladies

signorellit

How the heck do ya avoid the cravings and water weight gain during P.M.S. ???
I know that I have P.M.S. from hell, I've been busting my butt, my muscles
are sore and drinking lots and lots of water, eating right too, BUT...
Every 3 weeks P.M.S. comes and brings with it the cravings for
Chocolate and more food than usual. I can have complete will power
but when that time of month hits me it's like being pregnant all over
again! My last P.M.S. was worse than usual and with the van at the
auto mechanics I was stuck at home for a week, soooo...
It was really hard to avoid the cravings, although I did keep working out
on the treadmill and outside in the yard. Any other ladies have problems
with P.M.S. , bloating, water weight-gain and cravings??? :confused:
If so I'd love to hear from ya and hear any advice you may have!
Tina

I feel the same way!

Hello there signorellit! I totally have the same problem. I crave like crazy especially the week before, I have the water gain and all. I cramp so bad that for the first two days I can't get out of bed. I do exercises but they don't help, to me it makes me worse. I also have headaches, backaches, and stomach problems during that time. I am like you, I would love to have some relief but have tried everything. If you find a solution to this problem, I would love to hear from you. Good Luck to you! I think we need it when it comes to this situation.
Bridgette;)

If I might make a suggestion.......I have been using "Prolief," which is a progesterone cream that I bought from Arbonne. My cramps have been few and far between....and they used to be terrible!! They call it a miracle cream....and I believe them now!! It has also helped my lovely ingrown hairs that I used to get ALL the time!!
This stuff is AWESOME!! It's kind of pricy, at about $30 a bottle.....but you should see the list of things it helps!! For example; cramps, moodiness, arthritis, weight gain in mid-section (which I haven't noticed any change in yet...still hoping)...the list goes on and on!!
You put the cream on soft tissue areas, like your face, inner thighs, inner arms, buttocks, stomach, and breasts. It balances out your horomones, from what I understand.
There are other creams like this that cost less, I'm sure (and I may try them sometime) but for now, I can only attest to the effectiveness of Prolief.
Hope this helps :)

Susan

bridgette_b8s said:
Hello there signorellit! I totally have the same problem. I crave like crazy especially the week before, I have the water gain and all. I cramp so bad that for the first two days I can't get out of bed. I do exercises but they don't help, to me it makes me worse. I also have headaches, backaches, and stomach problems during that time. I am like you, I would love to have some relief but have tried everything. If you find a solution to this problem, I would love to hear from you. Good Luck to you! I think we need it when it comes to this situation.
Bridgette;)

Hi Bridgette,
Oh my gosh, I get migraines that last 3 days and as soon it stops
it get my period. And I can't do really anything during that 3 days
exercise makes my head worse, feels like it's going to explode!
My dr. says they are hormonal migraines, nothing helps! :mad:
I used to have terrible periods where I would vomit, and have dibilitating
cramps but after giving birth to my twins in '99 I never suffered that bad anymore. Now my youngest is 3, my periods are begining to get worse every month...cramps, backaches, bloating, water-weight gain and migraines
all of which can really put a hold on your weightloss!!! It's so frustrating!
Well thanks for the reply and good luck to you as well! ;)

sudan588 said:
If I might make a suggestion.......I have been using "Prolief," which is a progesterone cream that I bought from Arbonne. My cramps have been few and far between....and they used to be terrible!! They call it a miracle cream....and I believe them now!! It has also helped my lovely ingrown hairs that I used to get ALL the time!!
This stuff is AWESOME!! It's kind of pricy, at about $30 a bottle.....but you should see the list of things it helps!! For example; cramps, moodiness, arthritis, weight gain in mid-section (which I haven't noticed any change in yet...still hoping)...the list goes on and on!!
You put the cream on soft tissue areas, like your face, inner thighs, inner arms, buttocks, stomach, and breasts. It balances out your horomones, from what I understand.
There are other creams like this that cost less, I'm sure (and I may try them sometime) but for now, I can only attest to the effectiveness of Prolief.
Hope this helps :)
Susan[/QUOTE)

Hi Sudan588,
Where did you purchase the cream??? I would definitely try it!
If it works it is definitely worth the $30 a bottle! :rolleyes:
If it balances out hormones it may help my "hormonal migraines"
that I get every month!

I bought it from an Arbonne party (kind of like a tupperware party)......but I'm sure you can order it online at
If you try to order it, and cannot order it online, let me know and I'll get you the phone number of Amanda, the girl I purchased it from.
And by the way, migraines are one of the things it is suposed to help!!!!

The cream is called Prolief

signorellit said:
Hi Bridgette,
Oh my gosh, I get migraines that last 3 days and as soon it stops
it get my period. And I can't do really anything during that 3 days
exercise makes my head worse, feels like it's going to explode!
My dr. says they are hormonal migraines, nothing helps! :mad:
I used to have terrible periods where I would vomit, and have dibilitating
cramps but after giving birth to my twins in '99 I never suffered that bad anymore. Now my youngest is 3, my periods are begining to get worse every month...cramps, backaches, bloating, water-weight gain and migraines
all of which can really put a hold on your weightloss!!! It's so frustrating!
Well thanks for the reply and good luck to you as well! ;)

Hello again Signorellit! I just had my baby two months ago, and my periods are about the same. My birth control don't help like it was supposed to. I would like to try the cream too. Anything is better than nothing. Good luck and let me know if you try the cream and let me know if it worked for you since we are so similar. ;)

sudan588 said:
I bought it from an Arbonne party (kind of like a tupperware party)......but I'm sure you can order it online at
If you try to order it, and cannot order it online, let me know and I'll get you the phone number of Amanda, the girl I purchased it from.
And by the way, migraines are one of the things it is suposed to help!!!!

The cream is called Prolief

I will definitely try to get some and let you know if I do.
If it helps my Migraines I will be amazed and thrilled! :eek:
Thanks again for the Info!!!... Tina

bridgette_b8s said:
Hello again Signorellit! I just had my baby two months ago, and my periods are about the same. My birth control don't help like it was supposed to. I would like to try the cream too. Anything is better than nothing. Good luck and let me know if you try the cream and let me know if it worked for you since we are so similar. ;)

Similar we are!!! Let me know if you purchase the cream! I will try to get
some as well. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on your New Baby! :D
I miss the tiny little baby stages...but not the diapers!
Anyways good luck and let me know if you get the cream and if it works
for you? Tina

HI Ladies,

my problems aren't as bad, I just wanted to mention...I also have cravings and bloating, but I always use it as an excuse to be a little more leanient. The waterweight will go away and after a week it's back to normal, so I just don't worry as much about my weight...when I'm bloated or heavier just after, then I get frustrated. I try to be reasonable with my cravings but if I desperatly want some chips in those days, i buy myself a small bag...try to buy baked etc, but nonetheless - I know it'll be over in a few days. I guess what I'm trying to say...don't be to hard on yourself:)

And Good Luck with that cream....sounds like it really could be the thing...for me a heating blanket already helps.

Yes Lisa, You are right about being more leanient but I swear it so hard during those few days! I try not to even have too much junk food in the house but my husband and kids want a certain amount, and last month the m&m's were
calling my name but it's almost uncontrolable, when any other time being tempted isn't even an option.
I do buy baked chips for the whole family but I usually crave the chocolate!
UNFORTUNATELY! Although I have noticed the Jello sugar-free fat-free chocolate pudding and only has 80 calories per serving, I've stocked my pantry
with it just for emergencies! Well thanks for the advice... Tina

hi tina, i usually give in to these monthly cravings. if you work hard the rest of the month then a couple times of cheating isnt going to ruin everything. i even cheat when its not that time of the month! almost every night i have one of those ice cream sandwiches called Smart Ones. they are by weight watchers in ice cream section at supermarket. over the past 3 months i have lost 30 pounds, and i think if i hadnt allowed myself some goodies i wouldnt have made it this far. if you deprive yourself too much i think your more likely to binge on the bad stuff. know what i mean?

Yes, you are right. I guess my problem comes when I don't have the correct things in the house to snack on and the children and my husband do!
I have figured out that I can have a serving of jello chocolate pudding
(sugarfree/fat free) and I keep it in stock! Also the type of ice cream your talking about, it is good! :p I guess when I step on the scale during that time and I've actually stopped losing weight or gained a pound or two,
despite all my effort and hard work, :eek: it is easy to think that you are
doing it for nothing and there's no reward! I know it's temporary but, at that point in time I'm not thinking right! I just hate it...

Back