overweight and pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristen

Just wondering if any you were overweight before you got pregnant.
How did the pregnancy go, did you gain more weight or actually end up
losing weight while pregnant?

Pregnancy might be in my near future, but I would like to hear some personal
pregnancy stories about this.

Hi Kristen :)

I was about 180-190lbs when I got preggy with my 2nd. I was SOOO scared to gain tons of weight (like I did with my 1st) that I ate really healthy and my dct actually told me to put on some weight by eating ice cream...anyways...the pregnancy went really well...no problems for me at all. I dont' think I really gained any weight after my baby was born. Now, AFTERWARDS, thats a different story...I guess I was just too busy afterwards and let my diet slip and thats when I put on about 20 or so lbs!

This is a bit off topic, but since we're talking about pregnancy...As a child/teen I used to have epilecptic seizures. I guess I grew out of them as I got older....but with both my children the 1st trimester brought my seizures back! weird! must have been some kind of chemical reaction?

Anyways...good luck with getting pregnant and the whole journey...its a great time!

5;4" and got down to 170 lbs (size 10/12) BEFORE I got pregnant. I had worked VERY hard to do so. Got pregnant - figured I'd eat healthy and only gain the 25 or so lbs. I was wrong..... gained 80 lbs. Pregnancy was very challenging for me but fortunately the baby was great and there were no complications there. I had a lot of water retention. Lost 30 lbs within first two weeks of him being born then STOPPED. Still fighting to lose weight, not to mention fighting PPD still and I'm going to likely need surgery to fix my belly (I look like a damn onion). I'm probably not the best person to ask as I hardly have my head screwed on straight atm.

Pregnancy is dif for everyone though. Some folks hardly gain a pound and otehrs WHAM (such as my case where I gained 24 lbs in 2 months and I still don't know how because I was so nauseated I could barely eat). Anyway, if it's what you want, it's definitely worth it.

Good luck! :)

bluemomma

I was worried about weight gain as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I weighed 242 when I found out however I didnt gain a pound until I was 30 weeks. Even then I only gained 5 pounds and that disapeared after birth. Im still not quite sure how I had a 8lb baby but only gained 5 pounds but it happend! All I did was stayed active. I indulged on pretty much every craving but I still didnt gain. I am also convinced that my metabolism sped up while I was pregnant... is that possible?! Anyway, if you just stay active and add more healthy foods to your diet Im sure you wont see that big of a weight gain.

How about an old mom?

My daughters are 16months and 32 months old. Of course I still have not lost my baby weight and i was very heavy before I got pregnant either time. We would like a new baby in the next few years but I refuse to be unhealthy in my pregancy again. Can I join in or is this really for new moms only?
Laura

I weighed 224lb when I got pregnant with my 1st and the pregnancy was absolutely fine even though I was very tired. I put on exactly 22 lbs, which I lost almost immediately after my daughter was born. I did breastfeed though... My problem was that once I stopped breastfeeding I still ate the same way and ended up weighing 230lbs.
Worked hard to lose some weight but still weighed 203lbs when I got pregnant with my 2nd. Put on 27lbs but if it weren't for the baby kicking and the bump I would have not told you I was pregnant, I had loads of energy and worked until almost the day before my son was born.
Also breastfed and lost all the pregnancy weight even though I was eating large chuncks of cake everyday. I have stopped breastfeeding for almost two months now and have managed to control my eating and exercise and have started losing some more weight.
Neither pregnancy I worried about weight gain...
Good luck with the pregnancy!
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back