Optimum Nutrition questions/tips

I just started working out, and being wanting to tone up a bit and atleast get some weight off.. so i just brought Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Shake today at my local GNC, ( yes i know amazon is cheaper) i was wondering if anyone could help this girl out?

Is it alight if i drink this for breakfast or on my way to school?
Is it helpful to take everyday or every other day? ( i dont want protein overload)
Will it help me burn some of the stubborn belly pouch? or inner thigh fat?

Any tips would be helpful!
Thanks for answering my questions!

I just started working out, and being wanting to tone up a bit and atleast get some weight off.. so i just brought Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Shake today at my local GNC, ( yes i know amazon is cheaper) i was wondering if anyone could help this girl out?

Is it alight if i drink this for breakfast or on my way to school?

Yes

Is it helpful to take everyday or every other day? ( i dont want protein overload)

Depends entirely on the rest of your nutritional intake. Back in September I bought what was, according to the recommended dosage, 2 months worth of protein powder. I finished it off about a week ago. A supplement is exactly that: a supplement. It's there to bring up areas of your nutrition that aren't being covered with the real food you put in your mouth.

Will it help me burn some of the stubborn belly pouch? or inner thigh fat?

That's all about energy in vs energy out, followed by physical activity (you have to consume less energy than you use to lose energy-dense tissue such as bodyfat, and physical activity -- especially strength training -- will minimise the amount of fat-free mass lost, meaning that a higher ratio of your weight loss will be fat). In and of itself, everything you consume other than water is putting more energy into your body, however, if drinking this instead of consuming something else means a lower energy input, then this would be more conducive to fat loss.

You can't target fat loss in specific locations (without using a scalpel). Losing fat in one location (such as your belly or your inner thighs) requires losing fat in all locations because of the way fat works. The amount lost (or, conversely, gained) in one location may not be as noticeable as in another location, but if you lose fat off your tummy and thighs, you're also going to be losing fat off your arms, hips, bum, calves, neck etc (even if it's less noticeable in these other areas).

Any tips would be helpful!
Thanks for answering my questions!

Responses in bold.

Back