Obsidian's Diary

I'm 25 female, 173 cm (5ft 8) and weigh 68 kg (150 lbs). My target weight will be 58 kg (127,6 lbs).

It's been years since I was in high school and had this weight. I've tried reaching my goal numerous times with diet alone but I always got it back. Last winter I was amazed that I had reached the highest weight I've ever had 73 kg (160,6 lb) so I tried a long diet that lead me to go down to 63,5 kg. Unfortunately I gradually got it back but I managed to stabilize at 68 kg.

This time I really intend to change how my body looks and not just loose the pounds. I've not been doing any exercise for many years and this is what has made me gain the pounds and not just the eating since I don't eat that much anyway. It's true that I sometimes make bad choices and tend to like the fatty foods more but I've learned a lot about Nutrition from my previous diet so to understand that what I'm doing wrong with my everyday eating habits is not even consuming close to enough nutrients and in combination to getting extra fat and not any activity plus not drinking enough water is what kills me.

I hadn't realized that an offer from a discount store for an Elliptical Trainer would get me that motivated. The offer was for Monday and since I got it I realized that this type of exercise I can motivate myself to do every day. It's quiet, has numerous customization options and above all: quiet. (I used to have an extremely uncomfortable and noisy stationary bike which I never used because of that)

I intend to go slow, focus more on the workouts so I build my stamina and just eat moderately and healthy. Later I may focus on limiting my calories more. Since my fitness level is really low I'm not counting the first week

Since I'm not doing a particular diet I will only be adding with a + the beneficiary foods I ate and with a - the bad.

So I've started since Monday and today is the 3rd day.

Monday 21st March .:*:. 1st Day
=========================
Tried the Elliptical for the first time in the morning. Boy was that tough! My pulses sky rocketed and I was out of breath on the first 2 min. I gave up and came back 2 hours later with a plan. Keep my pulses down to a non risk level at least and manage to stay on the machine for 20 continuous minutes no matter how slow. Well I managed and saw that it was easier after the initial 10 minutes had passed. I did pause some times to drop my pulses, though as I was exceeding 178.
For eating I ate normally with the exception of - being naughty with a packet of chips.

Tuesday 22nd March .:*:. 2nd Day
==========================
Got my period. Why, why now? However, today was better overall. I tried working out for 30 min but saw that I couldn't continue after the 20 min. I'm not ready yet. I managed to make more distance than yesterday and keep my pulse at 165 this time. This time was tough but I paused less times. Watching TV while working out really helps.
+ I ate legumes today and + fruit juice which is good but - I wasn't too careful with the fats. - I only managed to drink 6 glasses of water.

Wednesday 23rd March .:*:. 3rd Day
============================
I'm improving my stamina!!! This time I managed to keep my pulses the same but it was really easier to keep up without pausing even once. The warm muscle phase was after 8 min. The exercise was quite joyful.
+ Ate 2 apples, +Ate a yogurt + drunk fresh juice, - Ate very few fries and - 1 fish finger

Thursday 24th March .:*:. 4th Day
==========================
Hmm...the workout today was ok but I could have pushed myself a little harder. I did the same as yesterday but with no improvement.
It's proving difficult to limit fat :( I'm not really dieting yet but perhaps I should start soon.
- ate lamb (fat), - had 2 drinks at a club

Friday 25th March .:*:. 5th Day
========================
No Elliptical workout today, Rest Day.
+ was out all day and walked some, - had a coke, - didn't drink enough water

I like the elliptical machines too :) a good way for me to work out AND slack off :D (cause i can just slow down and focus more on the magazine im reading). i find the stairmaster is the best cardio at the gym btw, cause you can set the speed at which the steps move, so there's no slacking off. plus the machine at my gym is in a corner so I can have bad forms and look all pathetic near the end of the workout and not worry about other ppl staring at me in disapproval :D
I'm looking for a diet buddy with similar height and weight btw. Preferably someone that uses Messenger so I can msg them whenever i have the urge to binge :( Think you are interested?

The elliptical is my favorite. I have a very weak ankle and I get shin splints on the bike and on the treadmill, but the elliptical doesn't hurt and I can really sweat and get my heart rate up on it without feeling like I have to stop for my ankles. Watching tv really does help too. I like to watch 1/2 hour sitcoms so that I stay on for the whole show.

Back