Weight-Loss nutrition wagon

Weight-Loss

daniellak

Hey everybody. I had to come here to express how disappointed I am in my food choices yesterday. I have been so damn careful about what I have been ingesting, and then yesterday evening I ate terribly unhealthy things. I had 2 pieces of cheese pizza, potato chips, cheese and crackers, a doughnut, and ice cream all in the span of 3 hours! I feel terrible today. I am thirsty and sad.

I had a decent day until I came home and my roommate said she was going to the store to get some dinner. By the way, it was after 10 p.m. ! I went with her; although most of the choices were hers, I must admit that I did not hesitate to indulge with her when we got home.

Some would say this was a binge. I am skeptical of this because I did not eat at a quick pace. Looking at the cart before we left the store, I commented that what we had in the cart was all junk, but that it looked a lot like the average unhealthy American's grocery cart. Lack of produce and processed convienient foods are the common staples of Americans. This made me feel better at the time, but looking back I feel sick to my stomach when I think of what I consumed. What makes it worse is that I worked really hard this past week to work out hard and watch my caloric intake. Then in a moment of lonliness (it is a long story that I will tell you another time) I made some bad choices that I regret.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am planning on going for a hike today to reflect on what drove me to this point and at the same time exercise.

-D

By the time you read this Daniella I am hoping that you are feeling better about yourself. This is a true and honest example of how our relationship with food can really bring us down and chip a little bit more away at us. To a person that is of normal weight last night was a "pig out" and no big deal, but to somebody with issues with weight it goes much deeper than that. You want to do something so bad and here you are destroying everything you did this week, its hard not to be angry with yourself, I know exactly how that is, and it pushes you just that lil bit further away from your goals. However, for you, I truly wish that you take that negative anger that makes you hurt and somewhere inside you, you can flip it around and turn it into motivation. Just pure determination that tells you that you will never let yourself feel like that again. There is no taste or craving in this world worth that feeling. Tomorrow is Monday, a new start, get up and do it all over again,.....as you can and you will. Trust yourself. Good luck!

Something I do to keep myself from breaking and stuffing my face with all kinds of bad food is allow myself one day a week where I can eat bad within reason. It usually consists of going to an all you can eat buffet for lunch with my boyfriend and then eating cookies and milk. It keeps me sane and makes the other 6 days so much easier. When I stay focused and really do good during the week I still lose weight eventhough I eat bad every sunday.

thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the support. I wnded up going on a long hike on Sunday and I have worked out and gotten back on track for the past 2 days. It is just so diappointing...but I know that a small set-back will not kill me and that as I become more aware of WHY I make some of the bad choices that I make, things will start coming together.

Anyway, I really took to heart what you said and it helped. Thanks.

Good for you,....yep, set backs will happen,... we can choose to beat ourself up over it and loose momentum, or to say "Ok I am human, had a bad day, but tomorrow is a new start"....good for you for taking the latter.
I think the idea of setting aside a day even if its once a month or every two weeks if we dont want to be naughty every week,...where we say I am going to eat what I want to eat. Then the eating is a choice to enjoy and not a succuming to temptation......a huge pyschological difference with the food. OK, getting too deep *lol*.... Good work D.

Back