NordicTrack Ski Machine question

I just got a NordicTrack Sequoia Ski Machine and am trying to learn how to use it. I'm having trouble getting the skis to stay on my feet. Should I be wearing a specific type of shoes to do this or is there some kind of adjustment that I could make to get the skis to stay on my feet?

Any advise would be much appreciated!

-Monica.

Hi Monica,
I think any kind of running or cross training shoe would be fine. The key is to keep your toes in the holder and not lift your feet. This was one of the things I kept having to tell myself when I first got my Nordic Track years ago. The natural tendency is to lift your feet but the Nordic Track requires that you slide them back and forth.
Good luck and keep at it. Once you get the motion down, it'll be second nature.
BTW, I've never been in better shape since I've been on the Nordic Track regularly. I hope you have the same great results!

Matt R

I just got a NordicTrack Sequoia Ski Machine and am trying to learn how to use it. I'm having trouble getting the skis to stay on my feet. Should I be wearing a specific type of shoes to do this or is there some kind of adjustment that I could make to get the skis to stay on my feet?

-Monica.

Most any shoes - even slippers work fine. I've worked out on hundreds of machines and actually prefer slippers. However, 'used' machines offer a myriad of problems (especially skiers that have been sitting for a period of time) and are not often smooth and free as they should be ... It takes me a full day to refurbish and recondition a skier to 'Better tha New' specs - and I do this full time. That being said, it might just be time & training you need to get use to the feel and flow of your skier. Cross Country skiing is like learning how to ride a bike for the first time. Your toes will stay in the cups once you get the feel and cadence down.

Back