Weight-Loss no alcohol challenge

Weight-Loss

Omega

However you look at it - alcohol is empty calories and we would generally be better off using those calories for a calorie deficit or for nutritious things like protein, fibre etc.

I am trying to get my nutrition back on track - after being nothing short of disgraceful...

One of the first things that I am working on is trying not to have so much alcohol.
It may sound a bit simplistic - but I know that I have drank alcohol on a few days this week - even though I'd started trying to be more good - and had been lurking back at the forum.

Maybe this thread will make me accountable.

If anyone else is aiming for no alcohol (or a specific limit of units per week) - then why not post here and be accountable.
We can celebrate our achievements together - and own up to our failings... Admitting to those failings publicly may make us a little more successful.

Only I could invent a challenge like this on the day the clocks change for summer here... Its after midnight and I'm wide awake... There is a huge temptation to have a drink to try to make me sleepy... Only time will tell.......

Well done me! :hurray: I didn't succumb - literally because I would have had to post here - so the challenge has had a positive effect already...
I didn't go to bed until over an hour after Rod went, and even then it took me over an hour to get to sleep... The me of "prior to posting here for the world to see" would have had a pretty large alcoholic drink in the hope of feeling sleepy from it...

:party:

I am doing great! I am really proud of myself. I didnt have any alcohol on Monday 27th - and that was pretty good as I was really dreading some of the meetings that we had to go to on Tuesday. Then on Tuesday 28th I had no alcohol despite having those meetings and despite Tuesday night being a salsa night. The club that I go to on Tuesday is all cross-body which is the faster style of salsa. Basically I was being spun around up until 11:30pm and not home until midnight. When we get in we are wide awake and it is a major temptation to drink alcohol in order to get tired enough to go to sleep. :party:

No alcohol Wednesday 29th or Thursday 30th either...
Friday night is salsa - so this will be another test...

No alcohol Friday. I was wide awake after salsa but managed to resist temptation. I just stayed up until I started to feel tired...

No alcohol Monday or Tuesday (I'm more proud of Tuesday as that is a salsa night and I was dancing until late).

No alcohol Thursday or Friday (a late salsa night - I had to stay up nearly an hour after Rod went to bed as I was wide awake):party:

No alcohol Saturday or Sunday. Saturday was the best achievement as we ate out with friends (it was one of our friends' birthday this weekend) - no alcohol in the restaurant (I had diet cola) or when we went back to their house afterwards (I had water)...

No alcohol Monday to Friday...
Best achievements :
Tuesday we went out with our friend Andy who lives in Spain. We had dinner then went to a pub... Andy was drinking alcohol both places.
Friday was salsa until midnight. I didn't use alcohol to calm me down.

A week has gone since I last posted. I'm still on zero alcohol.

I'm particularly proud of this as the last week included:
Our regular Tuesday salsa night
A wedding
Teesside Salsa congress - weekend away from Friday - returning home today (Monday) with constant salsa - lessons all day and dance parties and dance performances at night - with party going on late we were never in bed before 4am.

Alcohol free Monday to Thursday this week

Back