newcomer

yoyowait

Well, I just turned 40 this year and have thought about how many years I have struggled to keep my weight down. I am 150 lbs., and want to lose AND KEEP IT OFF, at least 20 lbs. I have been trying for years! I can make it to 137, then it slowly starts coming back on. I have belonged to a gym for at least 4 years and stay pretty regular at it. I just don't understand how I can put the time into the gym but still watch the weight come back on. Holidays seem to destroy my goals and then I'm back to the beginning. I started going to the gym before leaving for work, because I can't seem to find the energy or motivation to do anything (let alone physical activity), when I get home from work. I sure hope I can stick with this forum because I'm hoping that if I commit to visiting it everyday, it will help me focus more on weightloss throughout the day.

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you keep your food diary-it helps tremedously. With the right diet and your continuous exercise, combined with the support offered here I know you'll be successful!

Keeping track of what you eat has helped me immensley... knowing that whatever i put in my mouth i have to write down here is such a great way to be conscious of my health! Also with excercise... i know exactly what i have done and what i need to do to keep working towards my goals. I hope you have good luck here!

Back