New

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Hello! My name is Lynda and I am 29. I have ridden the rollercoaster of a plethora of diets. I have done Atkins, South Beach, Ephedrine, Cabbage soup, Slim fast, and lastly, low fat.
On this long painful and challenging journey I have learned several things. Exercise is important to weight loss. Intake of Fat and Calories are also crucial.
There are many myths for the lose weight quick schemes like Trim spa and slim fast and yes, Atkins.
First and formost, There are no magic pills that will make you slim while you sleep or any other time. There are no carb blocking pills and fat absorbers and you can starve yourself on the hollywood and gain weight as soon as you eat a regular meal again. People, like me, are very impatient these days. It took time to put the pounds on, it will take time and twice the work to take it off.
The most success I ever had was low fat. I was 230 after my second child, and did low fat for two years and lost 96 pounds. I got pregnant 2 years later and am back to that step again. After the last child was born, I tried atkins because my sister had such success (little did i know she was abusing it with laxatives and eating once a day). I hated the taste of the greese and the meats ALL day. GRanted the first day was cool. Bacon, sausage, Any mayo and butter and cheese. But after day two i was nauseated and back onto low fat or nothing. Doing this for a year, i packed on 45 pounds. And got to 230 again. So back onto the low fat i am. I can eat anything in moderation and of minimal fat...and i walk 3 miles a day. In two months i lost 25 pounds.
So here i am, to offer support and seek my own.

HI there,

welcome to the forum. You have tried quite a few different things, thank you for offering to share your experiences. We have quite a few very knowledgable people here and I am certain that you will find the support you need.

Congratulations to your accomplishments so far and Good Luck for the rest of your weight loss goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back