New to this.. Little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurth

hey guys im 19, 5 foot 10 and weight around 85kg i want to lose a good 10kg for summer, i work out 4 times a week doing 1 hour cardio sessions i use to do lifting but dont anymore. do i have to cut carbs to see quick weight loss or dont i becasue im working out 4 times a week. also what should i cut them to? and how many calories should i consume sorry for all the questions lol

Ok i think i can help with the calorie issue. To lose 1lb of fat per week you need to have a caloric deficit of 3500 calories. This is eating 500 calories less than you burn per day. 1-2lb a week is considered healthy loss. To find how much calories you need first check out what your BMR (base metabolic rate) is. This will tell you how many calories you burn per 24hours at rest. Then you will probably burn about 600 calories a day doing normal routine things. Add these and subtract 500. Thats what you should aim to eat.

Excerise regulary including cardio, eat high protein foods to stop muscle loss, cut out white bread and SIMPLE carbs. Carbs can be good so you will need some just dont have bad carbs!

I'm assuming you're male.

Anyways, cutting carbs is jut a different way to cut calories. Specifically cutting carbs is not going to help you lose weight if the rest of your diet is not in check.

Try not to overeat, only eat until you are no longer hungry. Try only drinking water, this will help cut down your calories a surprising amount. Eat more vegetables, they're great for you and can fill you up.

Attempt to get some exercise in, 3-4 times a week. I have found jogging great for losing weight.

You should be aiming for around 1800 calories for weight loss assuming no exercise. If you have some exercise in your life, even just 3 times a week, your daily should be around 2000 for weight loss. Remember that this number goes down as you lose weight so you will have to adjust as you get smaller.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back