new to pilates

ive been doing pilates for about 3 weeks now and i lost about 4 pounds. Its great! I was wondering if there were more advanced exsersises that were good for getting rid of the love handles, getting that toned stomach, and upper thigh slimmer.?? I only have the one video, which i believe is just the basic one.....Just wanted to know if anyone could share w me some of those advanced moves for those areas?? thanks so much!!

You mentioned that you were working from a video, would you mind saying which one?

Just in case I'm familiar with it and then might be able to help you in the right direction.

Not familiar with that one.
Ones to try are the windsor series. They have leg work out that also work your core at the same time.
Side kicks and lying on your side and taking your upper leg and moving it in a big circle and then a small circle things like that.

Love handles heheh wish there was one that got rid of them all to gether but best I can suggest. Lie on your side and keeping everything tight lift both legs up, hold and then drop down you should definetly feel it in the side.

Would love there to be magic routine one can do but if there is haven't found it yet although I keep searching :)

Hope this helps you.

thankyou soo much.. it helps!! the video i got i actually didnt buy off the tv, i bought it from the store target and it came with a mat, the 10 day meal plan, winsdor dozen. I think its just the main 20 minute video theyt alked about on tv but i dont have all the advanced workouts......

oh okay I know the one your talking about. I got it with the windsor tapes which I got from walmart so if your interested might check it out.

The 20 minute one is basics, if you can sail through them with no problem than time to jump up but don't have to stick to windsor lots of other ones. I also have a book that you can do pilates with and a exercise ball once again something might be interested in checking out.

I found that if I stayed with the same thing to long I had a hard time keeping myself interested.

Hope this helps

yeah thats it! ive been tryin just to mix it up a bit w other excersises i know. unfortunatly the one i got didnt come with all the tapes, only one. i probably could have just gotten all of them if i ordered from the tv, but i wanted it right then and there and didnt want to wait. but hopefully it'll be good. i just cant believe how nice its taking off the weight. i just hope to see more come off. im hitting kind of a rock now..

I understand that one. My biggest thing is that I feel tighter and feel toned but outside everything is still droopy :)

I started on pilates because my back was so weak, its coming along(my back)but I feel it in my front heheh guess just need some lypo heheh

I alternate normal situps and crunchs with pilates so I don't get to bored. I usually do it in front of the tv in the evening, I have alot of abs tapes but found they were boring after awhile.

I've been told I have a six pack heheh its just still in the cooler!

Back