Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby__stone

hi everyone...i stumbled across this forum and found it very interesting...i’ve never been part of an ‘on-line community’ but i thought that i might give this a try because as I read the posted messages…everyone seemed so genuine…

as for my story…i’m a 24 year old female, 5’7” who lost 45 lbs. two and half years ago… but now that I’ve been away from home attending graduate school in the USA… it seems that the weight has found me again…i guess the stress of school, lack of regular exercise and emotional eating from being homesick, has had me yo-yo dieting in the past six months…

i need to lose this excess weight once and for all and i just want to stop making excuses for myself…I need a new approach because obviously what I’ve been doing hasn’t worked and has only sabotaged all the work I put into losing the original weight…

i don’t want to start another ‘diet’… i need a permanent lifestyle change…so i actually just picked up ‘Dr. Phil’s Ultimate Weight Solution: Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom’ and so far it has been a great read…(motivational and eye-opening…i hope to finish it tonight)

my goal is to weigh 150 lbs…(it seems that my body and mind felt most comfortable at that weight…) i am eager to share my experiences and learn from others as well; after reading the posted messages it hit me like a brick in the head…I’m not the only one concerned with weight issues…

so thank you all for sharing your stories and inspiring me to make a permanent change…i know it will take time but i am ready to invest in my future as a healthy person…

..."you can't expect the best from life if you aren't giving it your best..."

ruby

hey ruby,
glad to see that my email found you ok and that you had no problem getting on. I understand the whole weight-gain during school. It's very common and it hit me too. However, once I started workout out 2-3 times a week first thing in the morning or during my first break, I found that it gave me such a boast for the rest of the day that I started working out everyday (weight training & swimming). My grades even picked up a couple notches, so it was an overall gain. I saw results after the first month and I never even changed my eating habits (or drinking ;))
... good luck, and welcome again.

HI Ruby,

great to have you on board. You'll see, after changing your eating habits and starting to exercise, you will find better ways to comfort yourself in stressful times than eating too much and you are well on your way to your dream weight.

Welcome, Ruby :)

I'm so glad to see that you're focusing on what makes you feel best! That's such a healthy approach to weight loss, for physical and emotional health.

I'd strongly urge you to get some kind of exercise in several times a week. It's good for loosing weight, and it's good for your mood. Study after study is showing that regular walking can lift depression, even in the chronically depressed. That mood - improvement may well help with the emotional eating. It does for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back