New Journey - Olympic Weights

Well, i'm sweating here and drinking water. :)

I just finished moving my uncles' olympic weights down to my basement, he loaned them to me. I was using standard plates and barbells for the last 6 or 7 months.

I always found that i could lift more weight compared to standard plates/barbells at any given time and lift using olympic plates/barbells. So i'm very anxious to get strong VERY strong!

I'm giving my rough estimates of my 1RM's for some of the "money lifts" using standard plates and barbells.

Deadlift - 420
Full Olympic Squat - 305
Flat Bench Press - 260
Power Clean & Push Press - 185

Let the Journey begin...............

Brad

Last edited:
What's the difference between ordinary weights and olympic weights?

Standard plates have smaller holes and the barbell is of course smaller. The olympic bar also rotates at the ends for cleans and snatchs. I also have 6 rubber 20Kg plates AKA Blues.

Not the best of workouts today, my sleeping pattern is a mess. i think i might have to back off on some of my squat and deadlift varations (Higher reps), my lower back seems to want to take a break :)

Power Clean + Push Press (Raw) - 5x3 @143, 2min intervals
Full Olympic Back Squat - 5x5 @231, 2min intervals
Chinups (Bodyweight) - 6x2, 90sec intervals
Flat BB Bench - 2x6 @215, 3min intervals

The chinups are going ok its only the second time i done them since i finally rigged something up but it seems i hurt my neck the first chinup workout, Damn thing still hurts since monday.

TGIF :D

Friday - Nov 25th
Well, my test levles must be rising or something lastnight after having a couple drinks i got this stupid idea to deadlift..sigh.

At any rate i pulled up the 4blues (397lb) pretty quick, i thought i done over 400 when i was a tennager and i'm pretty sure now i had the 4 blues and probably 2 5's or 10's. Anyway, i should be hitting 440 by january no problem.

I agree it can be pretty stupid DD especially the state i was in, its not something i planned.

Weak workout Monday - Bummed Knee but since i planned to start The Waterbury Method next week i decided to have a low volume week.

Monday
Back Squat
1x10@132
1x8@176
1x3@220
1x3@236.7

Today i'm hitting my weaker sumo deadlift, DB bench press and chinups.

Am Session - 30 to 35min

Sumo Deadlift (Raw) 10x3@275.5, 2min intervals

Felt pretty good could of done 2 more sets but i'm trying to backoff a little this week.

Pm Session - 25min

Wide Grip Pulldowns - 4x6@170, 90sec intervals
Bench Press - 3x5@200, 2min intervals *Backed off and still not pleased with bench form.

Back