New here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am a new mom (to a 2 year old and a 2 month old) and new to this forum. I was not very active during my pregnancies and didn't modify my eating - needless to say, I have way more lbs than when I started my family and a lot of bad habits that I need to replace!

I know that the best cardio is one that you will do - that being said, what are some options for me? I am having trouble getting cardio in with the 2 kids. It is super cold outside so I am not comfortable taking the baby out in the winter and the gyms that are close don't have good/any childcare. I am able to do a little bit of resistance training when the kids go to bed, but I am at a loss for cardio. Any suggestions? I don't like gimmicky things, we don't have a lot of space, and the kids schedules don't leave me any time to myself until after 10pm.:banghead:

Thanks for your help!

In my pre kid life - I loved going for walks with the dog, the gym, taking fitness classes (especially step) and I taught aqua fitness.

So...21 views and no replies? Not what I was expecting. Anyone???

Do you have any family/friends that would watch the kids while you go to the gym or out for a walk? Do you have some stairs in your house or apartment? Sounds silly, but you could go up and down stairs for cardio :) I know you said you don't like gimmicky things, but the Wii has some good exercise 'games' for it that also have some cardio, it just usually not that intense... Hmmm what else... What about workout videos? There are videos out there that focus on cardio or dance which can be considered cardio. An aerobic step doesn't take up much room and there are lots of videos out there that utilize those steps. Depending on your space, you could also use a skipping rope....

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it!! I LOVE step (have one too! with one set of risers) - I haven't been able to find any good videos - do you (or anyone else) have any recommendations? The ones I have found at my library seem really old and outdated. I like to try them for free before I buy them. Skipping rope! That is an awesome idea - I think I have one but I will need to invest in a good bra first, lol! I don't think I will be able to do a lot of skipping at once - any tips for getting started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back