Negative Calories Foods For Weight Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walie

Cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, watermelon, grapefruit, oranges, apples carrot and hot chili peppers. These foods are called negative calorie foods. Because it takes more calories to consume it than the calories they have. Makes it suitable for those who wants to lose weight.

Additionally, they consume calories from another sources in order to be digested.

They also help you to detoxify your body from toxins, and increase raw enzymes to run your metabolism for weight loss.

Fruits and vegetables are the main sources of these foods.

The best way to use these foods for weight loss is to make juice out of it and consume it daily to lose weight and burn fat.

Cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, watermelon, grapefruit, oranges, apples carrot and hot chili peppers. These foods are called negative calorie foods. Because it takes more calories to consume it than the calories they have.
Are your sure about that? The Mayo Clinic doesn't agree The truth about negative-calorie foods

Tomatoes in particular jump out at me, they contain a lot of sugar and pound for pound almost as many calories as fruit like apples. Tomatoes are great food, a good thing for the diet, I eat lots of them. But I doubt they are negative calorie food.

Can you point to peer reviewed literature to support the negative calorie theory for these foods? Until I see that I think I will stick with what Mayo says "The bottom line: Following extreme diets that promote eating only a few foods can cause you to miss out on important nutrients. The key to successful weight loss is adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and regular exercise."

What Rob says is so true! But even if it weren't: the reason these foods are digested slowly and at some cost is that they contain a lot of fiber. Juicing them means the body suddenly doesn't have to work nearly as hard for their digestion. Which would rather defeat the perceived point.

Ice is truly negative calorie - it has none to give, but requires energy to heat up to your body temperature. A typical ice cube from a tray is about 28g and you have to heat it from 0 to about 37° C so that is 28 × 37 = 1036 calories with a little "c" = 1 kcal = 1 nutritional calorie.

So if you burn a whopping 1 Calorie every time you eat an ice cube, it is hard to imagine that something with actual calories, like vegetables, require more energy to consume than they provide. There would be a lot of dead vegetarians if so...

One of the sites previously sold products that don't contain calories and recommended to drink water for those who lose weight, instead of eating a meal because it dulls hunger and doesn't contain calories. I don't think that such an experiment will end well.

One of the sites previously sold products that don't contain calories and recommended to drink water for those who lose weight, instead of eating a meal because it dulls hunger and doesn't contain calories. I don't think that such an experiment will end well.
I agree....the body needs more than water. PPL need to listen to their body more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back