Need help getting in Shape for muay thai training

Hey i am an 18 y/o guy...
In 4 weeks im going to start attending muay thai lessons. I think myself to be rather weak and in generally bad Shape,
wich is why i turn my hopes to you guys and gals...
Im currently at work(on a ship) so i have pretty limited Equipment to do weightlifting, and i thought it might not
exactly be the best way to prepare for muay thai.. So i thought you gurus of body weight training might be off
assisance to me with a decent training program and possibly some tips regarding nutrition and such things..

I thank you for answers and looking forward to get in Shape again.. :p

Well, I'm pretty sure the instructors will help you get in shape once you start. Meanwhile in those four weeks I would say work on endurance and stamina. If you are on a ship it might be a bit hard but try to find something where you can workout. The point is to build some endurance/stamina so you can keep up with the training when you start Muay Thai.

NVm, I just saw the date on the post. Any update on your training? I'm actually interested in Muay Thai.

NVm, I just saw the date on the post. Any update on your training? I'm actually interested in Muay Thai.

If you're interested in muay thai, I'd definitely say go for it if you haven't tried it.

I know it's too late to answer the original post, so this next bit is for any viewers. Body-weight training is definitely a good idea for muay thai, and any martial art ... You can effectively use it to improve your conditioning, explosiveness, and both overall and core strength, which will do good things for your martial arts training. Make sure you train with a balance though, between upper/lower body and push/pull movements. Adding in some plyometrics and skipping drills is also great for movement/footwork and striking.

Bodyweight training is ideal for martial arts. You can increase strength, endurance, joint health, flexibility, and body control.

I would look into some power yoga (seriously). Also, you're on a boat, so you have lots of run rope options; rope pull-ups, rows, etc. You can make a simple and effective program by combining: squats, lunges, pull-ups, horizontal rows, rope climbs, push-ups, dips, leg lifts, supermans, etc.

Back