Need a supplement plan/help

So my story is that in the past 8 months I have lost 68lbs. I went from 338 to 270 by changing about 80% of my meals to something healthier. I say 80% because about 4 out of the 21 meal a week I usally eat what I want or as I call it "Fat Boying it out". I have also been going to the gym 3-4 times a week doing mostly cardio (30 minutes on elliptical) with a bit of weight training (30-45 minutes of whatever machines are available) maybe once a week and doing a slow bike ride for a few miles like twice a week. So I would say that I am moderatly active now.

I am going to start weight training more like 3 times a week now to start toning because although I have lost a lot of weight, im still the same shape, just smaller, I still have quite the gut and love handles that are not budging. I look like i have a innertube under my shirt. All my weight was lost in my face, neck arms, chest and calvs. I have shrank quite a bit in the belly but I would like it to really go away.

Anyways, I currently started managing a new store that has a GNC inside it, there is no GNC Staff there so there is nobody to ask.

I woud like to begin some supplements because I have plateued for 2 weeks now at 270. Im always reading the bottles of supplements and have a basic idea of what i think would work but i dont know whats same to combined together. The onlt supplement i take at the moment is a daily protien shake for lunch (Muscle Milk) or a protien bar. From time to time ill take a ripped fuel pill before a work out.

Here is what I was considering in their recommended doses

A fatburner, Hydroxycut or something else the people would reccomend
MRM CLA 1250fat
Fish Oil for Omega 3's (Because I dont eat fish at all)
Mens one a day
Continue with the protien shake for lunch
Possible muscle builder like creatine or something with amino acids? (this is where i get confused)

My goal is to burn fat and gain muscle to reshape my pear shaped pizza dough body. I have been going strong for 8 months so i have committed to the lifestlye change and it feels great, Im ready to kick it up a notch now!! I would like to hear your inputs of an effective plan for me. If there is something I missed or am I going overboard,

1) PGX granules. 1 Stick with each meal and protein shake. (Start slowly and work up.)
2) Tonalin CLA has 16 published studies behind it. The MRM is a Chinese copy.
3) Rx-Omega-3 Factors for your fish oil.
4) Green Tea Phytosome for your fat burner.
5) Multi-I like Kal Enhanced energy One-A-Day
6) Ignite Workout Optimizer 15 minutes before each workout if you're in good health.
Look for PGX SatisFast protein bars and protein shakes coming this fall.
Good Luck.

I think you need to lose another 30 lbs before you start to really notice a difference in your physique. understand that the closer you get to your ideal body weight, the more strict you need to be with your diet.

bcaas are for muscle repair and endurance so its best to take them intra and post workout. creatine should be taken pre and post workout, however you can take it anytime.

I've been using Visalus to loose weight and then start gaining muscle. It has helped me tremendously and it tastes amazing! I wouldn't have gotten down to 120 pounds with out it!

Back