My progress

G

Guest1012114

I have been going to the gym for 4 months. I spend 1 hr with weights and 30 minutes cardio but have found it very difficult to lose the belly fat. Any tips on workout to burn belly fat? Unfortunately my fat ones straight to my belly and hips. I am almost 5'9, 29 yo. Before lifting weights I weigh 128 and now I am currently 135.

I have changed my routine for the past week and am going to different classes such as jazzercize and Muay Thai 6 days a week and cardio on elliptical for 30 ,I'm with 30 min arms on my off day. My diet consist of chicken breast for dinner, green smoothie for breakfast, chicken breast for lunch, fruits and peanut butter for snacks, I drink mainly water and have cut out all carbs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 236
You didn't have much of a belly to begin with, but you've definitely made some progress. Lookin' good!

You said you cut out ALL carbs, but many fruits have a lot of carbs (including a lot of sugar). It seems like you aren't getting much fat in your diet either. You might want to add some of other protien and good fat sources to your diet (meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, etc) as well as vegetables and be sure to choose low glycemic index fruits. Remember fat does not make you fat, carbs (especially sugar and starch) make you fat! I don't know what is in your green smoothie, but make sure it is not a lot of sugar. A low carb whey protien shake and some multivtamin-mineral supplements is a good breakfast alternative.
You might also want to cycle your carb intake to see if that helps (2-5 days <20 grams, 2-5 days 60-80 grams, etc).

Back