My Photos

good luck!! :)
Be welcome!

Thanks, I need it. I am getting into wakeboarding, so I am trying to lower my weight, gain some muscle, and just look better in the summer when ont he lake.

You want to lose the fatness, then get on cardio and eat right.

Even incorporate weights. Basically, do everything. =P

Thanks for all the comments, today I did 2 miles in 22 mins. I was running 1/8 mile track. I did 3 laps semifast jog and 1 lap walk, I kept that up for all 16 laps. Average jogging lap was around 1:03.

Does that seem like a good pace to keep up 3 days a week for a few weeks?

I then did 30 crunches, and 20 weighted crunches.

Whart do you all think of that routine? Should I carry weights when jogging? Any tips?

ok, jog at a steady pace for 30-40 mins make sure you pace yourself, dont get out of breath or your working too hard and your body will turn to carbohydrate for the energy source rather than the fat you want to burn. after about 10 minutes you should start sweating keep going after that and your fat cells are reducing as you run. do this 3 times a week combined with high protien/complex carb diet and weight training and youl be seeing a difference fast

Best way to lose fat bar none is weight training. Adding lean muscle mass will help you burn more calories even while you are at rest. Diet(not to be confused with dieting) is very important also.

"high protien/complex carb diet" What woudl that consist of, I am new to all these new words, what kind of foods would a good diet for what I need to accomplish consist of?

Good luck, but here's my initial advice. Start reading and doing a lot of research (the internet provides plenty) on what type of workout routine you should be jumping into as a beginner with a certain body type. Do it now, at the start, instead of years from now when you realize that you've been following a bad routine and wasted a lot of your positive energy. The people on here are good for motivation and moral support and for giving answers to very specific questions pertaining to your specific body type that you may have a hard time finding an answer to. But we are not going to do your research for you. There is only so much you can type....or want to type on a thread. Maybe ask for some links to websites providing workout routines and diets based on your goals and body type. I have a completely different body type, goals, and level of experience so don't know of any specific places to send you.......but someone on here will. Welcome and good luck!

A healthy diet is #1. Followed by cardio & weights, cardio should be no shorter than 30 minutes, and weight training should be no longer that 1 hour; stick with a full body routine, with large compound movements (squats, deads, rows, bench, good mornings, standing press, etc..) But do research on a healthy diet, for a general idea 5-6 meals/day with protein in each. Try to get 1gram of protein/lb of lean body mass.

Back