My goal.

Well I am soon to be 38. I have a daughter(4yo) who I want to see get married, graduate from college and I also want to be around to spend my retirement money. So I have to get fit again.

I am 6ft just shy of 250. My goal is about 185-190 I figure I can bang it out in about a year.

I do not plan to diet, I have been talking with my trainer at Gold's and he recommends 6 small meals a day. I literally laughed when he said it, but I am trying. I do not have the time to sit down and eat 6 small meal a day much less the time to prepare them so I have:

1. Started taking lunch to work everyday instead of "Just picking up something quick"

2. Eating fruit.
one on the way to work
one at first break
lunch
one at last break
and one on the way home from work

well thats five and it seems to be working. I just detest dieting so much that I refuse to count carbs and calories. I just decided to cut out the junk and eat healthy.

I am also working out currently 3 days a week

cardio everyday, abs everyday. arms and shoulders on tuesday, back and legs on thursday, whole body on saturday. I am already a big guy so I do not want to bulk up, So I am going "light" weight - high reps, going slow throughout the exercise to maximize the effort.

Sound like a good program? Feedback would be appreciated.

the 6 meal a day thing depends on your food choices.
If you eat a high carb diet it is essential to eat more often, the less crabs the less often you need to eat. So eating a diet in the middle like the zone will allow you to eat between 3 to 5 meals a day and get the results you want.

Just remember to take your time.

what I ended up doing for my clients was setting up an entire schedule so they could just go to the store buy what was on the list cook one afternoon package the food and never guess again or have to calculate, it was all done for them.

cheers

Back