Weight-Loss My 28-Day Keto Challenge so far

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

magenwal30

Hello guys, so I'm only into Week 2, but have already dropped 6 lbs while eating delicious foods in portion sizes I sometimes can't even finish! More importantly even than the weight loss, though, is that I immediately felt and functioned better physically. 3 years ago I had my second hip replaced. The surgery was easy and the healing was complete. However, through a process of acting on wrong-headed but very assertive medical advice, I ended up taking statins, as they had discovered a very small amount of "stuff" in one artery and didn't want it to get worse. So they treated it as if it was already serious by prescribing a really high level of station.. I was obviously allergic, as I began having bad reactions immediately and finally was motivated to stop taking them when I almost lost the use of my legs due to the muscle and nerve pain I was experiencing. For most of the last 3 years, I have had to coax my legs to do what they needed to do. I walked slowly and with pain. I drug myself upstairs by the banister with my legs semi-following along complaining every step of the way. One knee had begun to bother me enough that I was afraid more surgery would be imminent. Blah-de-blah-blah-blah. All that to say all this. Today, coming out of Walmart, I noticed a car waiting for me to cross and without even thinking twice, I RAN across the crosswalk! Two weeks ago I tried to run just a couple of steps and could NOT get my legs to do it! It may not sound huge to you, but it's huge to me. I. RAN. TODAY!!!!! And the only thing I've changed is my eating. I followed the Week 1 plan almost exactly. And now I'm into Week 2. I'm not experiencing cravings. They talk about Keto-Flu, but if I had it at all, it lasted less than a day and was kind of my farewell to what I had begun to accept as bad moods that I and everyone around me would just have to learn to live with. Wrong! I haven't been in a bad mood in 10 days! Again, maybe not so much to you - but HUGE to me!! (And my husband doesn't mind either.). So all in all, I started on the Keto challenge because my son, my sister and my niece were raving about it and I thought I might try one more time to lose some weight. But I'm staying on it because my energy levels are up, my body doesn't hurt, I'm feeling satiated and satisfied and keep being surprised that it's already time to eat again. I could not recommend this way of eating more highly and this book gives such an easy start - providing you enjoy trying new recipes and hearing yourself and others raving rather than craving. It will take a while before I can cook this way intuitively and maintain the right balance, but what a worthwhile learning curve it is!
So for the ending, I SUPER recommend you to check it out at spam link removed, also to mention this is the best offer I actually found. Worth It!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back