Muscle memory through genetics?

So, my question is, can muscle memory become part of your genetics. the thing is few days back i tried archery for the first time in my life, i'm 19 and can't say i've ever payed attention or cared for bow and arrow, i just didn't. but you go through the center of the town where my uni is(abroad) and there stands this girl who is renting out a bow and there are targets. i gave it a try first, and she was quiet, didn't give me tips, seemed uninterested. i stood like it was comfortable, pulled the arrow and shot, missed the center a fair amount, adjusted and the next 9 shots i either hit the bulls-eye or very close. my ego got a boost right there :D . my friend tried, he stood there and she fixed his stance and how he held the bow and stuff and man he sucked at archery, didn't even get close to the red dot. i asked her why she didn't fix my stance and she said she didn't need to, i was apparently almost perfect. Here comes the part where my question was born. My family is pretty old, like old as hell, our surname started from a guy in 12th century, who was apparently a badass during battle and he became a noble for it and was given the surname, which translates into literally "he is a leopard"....sounds cooler in my language. after that my family gets mentioned in minor events and in 15-16th century we were known as the best hunters in the country(we even have a family history book, we have a song, a song, which i don't know at all and now that i've realized that, i'm kinda ashamed) so archery was obviously a big part of my family. so after discovering my single talent ( i am completely useless in singing, football, dancing, pretty much everything) i have this question, am i just a natural at random or did my genetics play a big part in this

Last edited:
Natural ability is a massive advantage. I am genetically designed to run distance, climb, nothing else I have tried has just happened. In the climbing world I encountered a number of people who trained just as hard as I did, but I progressed faster than they did.
Power lifting by contrast was the opposite I trained hard and watched others progress far faster.
Now I'm too heavy for serious running or climbing, too weak for serious power lifting, too stupid to let up and too old to care.
If you are naturally good at something and enjoy it, that is brilliant, you will do well.

I think there is a huge possibility that ALL memories (even fragmented) ones are capable of being passed down through the generations. Eventually weakening if not kept in practice.

Back