Morbid Obese Getting Slimmer Everyday!

Welcome aboard, WorkIt :) I look forward to seeing how you go.

A little about me, I am 5'2, 107kg, BMI 43
I'm trying to eat healthy, my biggest challenge is working out, i'm worried I might be left with lot's of skin if I try to lose weight but i'm worried if I don't I will die.
I'm tired of living like this I have too many health problems, i'm sick of waiting for my heart to stop beating because of all the fat/strain it's under, most of all I just want my energy back:(
I have read that skin will happen if I try to lose weight too fast and if I don't exercise so I want to workout regularly. I want to do something that will work my whole body to prevent excess skin.
I'm not able to go to a gym I have very little time and money to go regularly, I want to spend what I have on some exercise equipment to workout at home. I wanted a cross trainer but it's expensive and it's too big/heavy I don't have the space, so I have settled for a king pro type of machine(like the king pro abs but different brand) and a twister, that small circle disc u stand on and twist with your feet. I also want to get dumbells but I have to wait till my next paycheck to get them but I will have them soon.
I figured the twisting thing will work on my legs and the abs machine on my stomach and the weights for my arms. The first two will be here next week and the third next month hopefully.

Can anyone advise me on how many times I should use them? I want to lose the fat and have a very toned stomach, my arms are fat I want them firm too and hope the weights will do that.
I was thinking to do 2x10 on the abs machine per day and 2x10 twists on the legs per day? I don't know how to use the weights but when I do i was thinking 1x10 each arm per day? I really want to learn how to use the dumbells properly I will watch some youtube tutorials.

Most of all I need your honesty, please tell me is it really possibly that someone as fat as me can get thru this and have a toned body in the end, because I really hate my body, i'm just being honest. I've seen shows like big fat loser and I hope I can achieve those results too.

It will not be easy and it will not happen without you putting forth a great deal of effort, but yes, you can transform yourself.

You will have to make major lifestyle changes, for example - it isn't just about eating less, you will have to eat differently and eat less. But, if you make smart choices about food, you do not ever need to be hungry or dissatisfied. Especially with food, a critical aspect is retraining your tastebuds and body not to crave crap and to enjoy real food. Fresh veggies and fruits, small portions of meat, whole grains - real food, not processed junk. As a for example, I have a killer sweet tooth, but I can almost always satisfy it with fresh fruit, so instead of eating a big chocolate chip cookie, I can have 2 apples and still save about 100 calories.

Then there is movement. Your body was meant to move every day, not just sit on the couch or in a chair at the office. Set an alarm and get up at least hourly to stretch and take a short walk -even if all you do is walk around the hallway, around the block, or up and down a flight of stairs. Then make an appointment with yourself daily to do some real activity - something that makes you breath a bit harder, makes your heart rate speed up a little, and best of all, that makes you break a sweat. Every day!

I appreciate your desire to be toned, but suggest that for now you focus on getting some weight off. You will not get a lot of loose skin unless you drop weight really fast and don't exercise. That is not healthy and not what you are going to do. You did not get fat fast and you will not slim down fast - steady, sustained weightloss with steady exercise is what you want. It will keep you injury free and able to continue. Your health will improve in a statistically significant way just by losing 5-8% of your weight. That is very, very doable. The more you lose, the benefits are immediate!

Don't be in a rush to buy more exercise equipment, walking is fantastic exercise and doesn't require anything but a good pair of shoes. Put on some sunscreen and go outside. If you live in an apartment building, at least once a day, take the stairs - both up and down. Go on youtube and search for body weight exercises - then pick a couple and do them in your home. As you get more comfortable with the movement, add some more.

Give this gift to yourself, you are giving yourself a healthy life and a positive future.

Absolutely it's possible and it is so awesome that you are taking this route. You're amazing and I know you can achieve your goals.

I just say a new quote that seems to fit here...

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it!"

So excited for you. Keep us posted on how it's going and let us know if you need help. We are here for you. Many of us have had our own challenges with getting fit and we can help encourage each other along the way. You are a great inspiration.

Thank you for sharing,

Jo

Thanks everybody for the great advice thankyou! :)

I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained either so that is good news for me but not the best. I've started to eat green leafy veg like baby spinach leafs and rocket and cress, also carrots. I still eat way too much junk and am trying to cut down.
Good news with workouts, I love my new abs machine it really works my stomach and isn't so hard to use, so much easier than sit-ups, I can feel my stomach working even if I can't see it because of all the fat, it gives me hope. The twister isn't so good, to work the legs I have to bend my legs a little and when I do I can't twist for long because my knees hurt, weird, I don't know why, is it because my body is too heavy? Should I continue to use it or stop?

I was surprised at how well the abs machine works my arms that I decided not to buy the dumbells in the end, I get a good arm workout for now.
Another totally great news for me is my doc sent me for a Diabetes blood test and it came back negative.

Despite this bit of good news im still very unhappy inside, I want to reach my goal and change my life and be confident talking to people again, especially guys, but i'm trapped in this huge fat body I hate it. I don't want to become a lonely old obese spinster who has to be lifted by equipment in an emergency, sorry if that sounds weird but I have nightmares about it.
But I am feeling a little better too, eating green leafs and exercising makes me feel like things could change.

Back