Mental Health and Weightloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3fxrunner

So Ive been struggling with my weight practically my whole life, however, ever since I have been put on antidepressants Ive been struggling to get out of the 270's. I have lost weight before (for enlistment in the Navy) but I gained a whole lot in a matter of a year. For 2 years Ive been this weight. Im active and was just approved to run again (horrible lower back injury sidelined me for 5 years.)

Anybody have any tips for a lifestyle changing diet (something I can realistically use lifelong) and any tips on how to stay motivated through it all? Maybe we can do this together.

Welcome K3, we can do it together!

My suggestion is for you to start a diary on the Weight Loss Diary page and tell us more about yourself and your goals. It would also help you to read diaries of others and ask questions of those who interest you. That's the best way to get started here. We don't have any specific recommended diet or exercise plan, what folks here can do is help you find a good path for you.

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to the forum, K. You will find many of us have similar issues around food & "comfort eating", self-esteem issues, etc but one thing we do have in common is caring about others & being able to offer support. We all follow a different "diet". It really needs to be what is right for you & is sustainable long-term. I think most of us want to get off that merry-go-round of losing, regaining, losing again.
Starting a diary, as Rob suggested, is a good idea. You'll find the link at https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/
Read some of the stickies at the top of that section. They would help you to give us an idea of where you are at & be able to offer advice. It would be your diary though & can be whatever format you like. Some like stats, some are chatty :)blush5:) but your diary is where you can offload how you are going, what you plan on doing etc if you like & find yourself a support team.

Hi k3fxrunner,

Checking out the link between beneficial gut flora and weight/mental health can help you. I advise you to look at The Montreal Healthy Girl YouTube channel, she speaks about this topic quite a lot. Doctors often are not trained on the effects of bad bacterias on our life (eating disorders, bad food cravings, anxiety, depression, etc...). Look also at the homemade fermented beverage and vegetables, green veggies juices, colon cleanses. It helped me a lot! I also used cronometer and lifextend to have more information about how to really nourish my body. I would also advise you not to get too hard on sport: if you take antidepressants, this means that your nervous system is down and exercising too much won't help.

Wish you all the best!

Hello K3!
I would say exactly the same as Sila! I 100% agree with that!
Remember that healthy bacterial flora is really important. I would suggest also focus on rebuild your immune system.
so:
Remember to check if your probiotics supplements are good quality. Which means it contains 10 bacterial strains and more. What's more, the probiotic should be resistant to stomach acid.
The second supplement that I would recommend is colostrum which is really helpful for the immune system, same as reishi mushroom.
These supplements are healthy and do not interact with other drugs, but the most important here is the quality of the product.

Remember also about relaxations as yoga, meditation and walks in a forest or somewhere far from the loud streets.
If you have any questions let me know! I am ready to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back