Meal Replacements

I am looking for a meal replacement and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. My goal is to build muscle but at the same time lose a few pounds. I am starting to workout around 6:00 am and want to take a meal replacement after the workout for breakfast that will hold me over until lunch and provide the proper proteins & vitamins to help build muscle.

I am 6'5 and can normally lose weight somewhat easily so I don't want a supliment that will starve me and on the other hand I don't want anything that will cause me to gain weight.

Thanks for any help.

Well, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but I am not sure a meal replacement is really what you need. It sounds like you are eating on the traditional 3 meal a day plan, and that you are working out in a fasting state. The first thing you should do is eat something prior to your workout because if you workout in a fasted state your body will "eat" your muscles for energy instead of using the carbs/fat for energy. The second thing I would suggest is that you try and eat 4 or 5 times a day instead of 3 (6 or 7 if you can). Don't increase the number of calories, just eat smaller meals more often.

Once you are doing that, I am sure someone will be able to give you advice on what meal replacement stuff works (but that person isn't me as I have no idea).

Timing

Thank you that actually is what I wanted to hear because I am new to dieting. I was assuming the supliment would work for me.

One thing you may be able to help me with is what would you recommend eating before the workout and how much? Since time is a problem and I am just waking up I don't think I will have time to wait after eating may be 20 mins most before working out. Is this long enough?

Quick and dirty: protein bar. And, 20 minutes is plenty ... i usually only wait the time it takes to drive get ready and drive to the gym.
However, if i have a bit more time, i have a bowl of oatmeal ... it's one of the healthiest things you can have for breakfast and great energy for a workout (I think, anyway).

Ive had decent results with EAS Myplex Diet and have also used Met RX. If you want to accelerate the fat loss try Lee Labradas 'Charge' Or Xenadrine. Still a regimented diet is the most important part of losing the fat and keeping it off.

Good luck

Back