made the switch

zebrasinamerica

Hey everyone just wanted to tell you that I have decided to become a vegitarian. How ever this is proving to be very simple for me due to the fact that for about the past 2 or 3 weeks even the thought of any meat at all has made me sick to my stomach.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes and if anyone has any tips of things to eat or anything like that feel free to inform me :)

Zebra

I'd use some form of food journal to make sure ou're keeping up with protein and making sure you're getting enough...

I second what maleficent said. I was vegetarian for many years, and I wasn't watching my protein intake very carefully. I'm almost positive I wasn't getting enough. Now that I'm tracking everything I eat, it's amazing to see how much more protein there is in meat than in other sources like soy. Dairy and eggs can both be good protein sources in addition to soy for vegetarians.

Other than that, it's not really that hard to find meat substitutes. If you're cooking for yourself, no problem. If you're going out to eat, most asian places have tofu dishes, and many American restaurants have things like veggie burgers.

Hi there! Great choice in going veg!
I've been a vegetarian for the past 5 years, and trust me, once you pass the initial hurdle of not eating meat, it's smooth sailing. The ONLY times I ever "crave" meat .... and I use the term "crave" loosely ... is if I'm outside in the summer, and I smell someone barbequing. Yes, it smells good - but I could not put any meat in my mouth, so I just deal with it.

I also love how the world is tuning in to the fact that a LOT of people are either vegetarian or vegan these days, so I feel the options for meals are endless. Even at restaurants.

Feel free to get in touch with me if you're looking for advice or support on your decision. I'd be happy to help :)

Back